RATINGS: 682   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.3/5   IBU: 60   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%
...created to aid in deciphering the puzzles along life’s road, and interpreting signs in the voyages of the spirit. Brewed in homage to the wisdom of visionaries everywhere who blaze paths into uncharted territories. Our take on an India Pale Ale (IPA.) A deep golden amber ale with a rich up-front malty nose finishing with a big, hoppy bite. Dry-hopped to finish with a big fresh (Cascade) hop flavor. Fermented with our 150 year old strain of top-fermenting yeast.

morty99 (371) - Maryland, USA - SEP 10, 2002

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
mribm (462) - Ocala, Florida, USA - SEP 6, 2002
Not as hoppy as I expected. Otherwise this was a good beer. This beer poured with a small head and had a little lacing. It was cloudy orange in color and had a slight orangy-hop smell to it. The taste was slightly hoppy, but as I said before, not quite what I expect from an IPA. This is more of a pale ale to me.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
YogiBeera (2570) - New Jersey, USA - SEP 3, 2002
Pungent hoppy aroma, also sweet and dusty. Orange body with a leg-y head. Very bitter with long bitter finish. Flat carbonation. "Oh man" (pivo!) smelling the beer. Nice lable!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
dirtymike (2016) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - AUG 31, 2002
Great citrus aroma, I almost think I smell oranges.Bitterness from start to finsh. Body was lacking. Good IPA though,always a treat to find this on tap.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
notalush (5856) - Denver, Colorado, USA - AUG 28, 2002
UPDATED: MAR 23, 2003 A great IPA. I haven't met a Magic Hat I didn't like, maybe with the exception of Hocus Pocus. (PS...My cat loves IPAs, and he really liked this one).

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Wilecat (66) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - AUG 26, 2002
Good beer to drink while watching bangbus to bangbus

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
argo0 (14124) - Washington DC, USA - AUG 18, 2002
Nice English-style IPA. Malty aroma, but also some pine. Good hoppiness throughout -- very well balanced. Quite bitter aftertaste. At times it seemed a little watery/thin. Overall not my favorite, but still a decent brew.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
gwfrankpsu (231) - McKinleyville, California, USA - AUG 17, 2002
Not bad, though I found it wanting for hops. Very drinkable, but lacking that special difference I expect in a great IPA. Not as floral and not hoppy.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
belgianhomebrew (646) - Acworth, Georgia, USA - AUG 12, 2002
Nice malty hop aroma. Good balance in the body. Finishes a little to the dry side. A very drinkable IPA.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
ToadMan (559) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - AUG 6, 2002
A nice rich hoppy taste. rerate: tried it again after having a few more IPAs under my belt. It has a chewieness that is reminiscent of Samuel Smiths, but it isnt nearly as smooth.