RATINGS: 329   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.97/5   SEASONAL: Summer   IBU: 13   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
A golden haze for a summer’s daze. Elder Betty is a weiss-style ale with a bready malt flavor balanced by a touch of hops and complimented by the tart berry flavors of elderberry.

cgardner34 (3) - - JUN 20, 2012 does not count
Excellent for those hot south Carolina summer nights. Very good hop flavor with a pleasant berry finish. Overall nice color and head. Ill be making more stops for this one.

IndyBeerSnob (132) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - APR 28, 2012
One of my favorite fruit/weiss beers I’ve tried to date. pours a delicious cloudy amber copper with a substantial head. Taste is wonderful. Raspberry fruit flavor does not dominate this beer but is an outstanding companion to the tasty wheat flavor of this beer. One of the more drinkable beers I’ve tried in a while too. Palate is pleasant and sturdy. Love this beer!

sawmill2188 (21) - Michigan, USA - JUN 28, 2012
Outstanding! Nice fruity flavor, but not too girly. Drank it out of the bottle, so I cannot comment on appearance. Fairly drinkable, any more than two would be quite filling. Amazing flavor

Sirmixsomewhat (266) - Paoli, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 10, 2015
Elder Betty is my favorite fruit beer I’ve ever had. It’s not like other fruit beers, where you think you’re just drinking cider; there’s enough of an aftertaste that reminds you that it’s beer to know it isn’t cider, and it’s not overpowering with one fruit. I love it.

skibumphishead (259) - Massachusetts, USA - APR 16, 2012
Draft pint at La Cucina in Hampden, Ma. Pint was poured to the top of a tulip with no head at all. The aroma and initial flavor was dead on with Allagash white or any other of the popular whites available. There was some bread and some banana up front. After the first sip I detected the faint berry finish. The berry intensified as the pint warmed up a bit. It was so refreshing on a hot day that I ordered a second one. This is the best Magic Hat beer that I have had yet.

Steelnoles (9) - Missouri, USA - APR 12, 2013 does not count
The elderberry is distinctive without being overpowering. This a very tasty beer. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone