RATINGS: 356   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.45/5   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 30   EST. CALORIES: 171   ABV: 5.7%
Filled with the howling of black dogs that haunt the long forgotten shadows of the human soul.

Our inky-black stout had a smooth, round palate with a dreamlike undercurrent of bittersweet chocolate. This dense liquid-silk summoned hope from hibernation and balanced winter’s endless white snows with a rich swirl of creamy black rapture.

TYPE: Stout
SRM: 80.0
AVAILABILITY: October 15 to January 15

Scipio's rating

Scipio (1242) - Palatine, Illinois, USA - NOV 21, 2012
Pours black with a medium sized darker tan head that fades quickly. Aroma is mostly a mixture smokiness and licorice, with some roasted malts and some coffee in there as well. The taste loses some of the smoky appeal, but retains much of the initial impressions I gained from the smell. I also get a bit of fruitiness as well, that being some cherry. Hints of chocolate as well. This has an oliy texture with a body that isn’t exactly light, but by no means heavy either. The only fault that I can find is that there isn’t to much of an aftertaste except for kind of a vinegary bitterness, which I don’t actually mind. I’m very happy with this one. Its one of the best seasonal beers that I’ve had this so far early holiday season.

bpreo (2990) - Eugene, Oregon, USA - DEC 11, 2017
An uninspired yet just adequate enough Stout to enjoy. Wouldn’t drink more than one.

Sledutah (7948) - Utah, USA - NOV 12, 2017
UPDATED: NOV 12, 2017 12oz bottle picked up at the state store

Pours dark brown with a small beige head, light lacing. Aroma of dark roast malts and chocolate powder. Flavor of roasted malts, coffee, caramel, ashy and chocolate, leather

Ok

dnstone (3592) - Kansas City, Missouri, USA - AUG 30, 2016
Nice roasted coffee aroma with some smoke character. Pours a black in color with a light tan-colored head. Flavor carries coffee with cream and chocolate. A pretty good stout and not too high in ABV.

oldrtybastrd (5228) - Fort Walton Beach, Florida, USA - APR 14, 2016
Pours a dark brown, with a small tan head. Aromas of faint chocolate with some roasted malts. Flavor isn’t as big as I like, a little chocolate/coffee and some mild hops.

Sirmixsomewhat (266) - Paoli, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 10, 2015
Admittedly, I’m not a stout drinker, so when I do drink a stout, I’m doing it more for the sake of seeing if my taste has changed than I am just to pour a beer into my mouth. That said, I didn’t like this beer very much and thought it was too strong/bitter, but don’t take my word as gospel regarding anything stout-related. Don’t do it! Stop reading this!

MadIndian (2743) - Levittown, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 19, 2015
Bottle trade from SJ. Ehh it was just ok for me. This body, some cocoa, moleasses and roasted notes.

mstrcrwly (1000) - New York, USA - MAR 31, 2015
bottle poured into a pint glass..dark with a fluffy tan head..aroma of coffee,nuts..dry,malty..not very good.

DocLock (11112) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 29, 2015
Bottle from State Line. Deep brown pour with tan head. Roasty dark malt in the nose some molasses, cacao, same in the flavor, vanilla, oats, cacao, not very complex, somewhat watery.

slowrunner77 (13006) - Reno, Nevada, USA - AUG 30, 2014
Malty in the chocolate malt balls kind of way, like Whoppers candy. A little thin and one dimensional, but a pleasant enough stout that goes down easy

jtclockwork (17469) - , New Jersey, USA - AUG 19, 2014
Backlog. Repeat label. Not taken. Pours dark brown. Nose/taste of molasses, cocoa, bittersweet chocolate. Lighter medium body.