RATINGS: 751   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.33/5   SEASONAL: Spring   IBU: 70   EST. CALORIES: 201   ABV: 6.7%
Hi.P.A. is a medium-bodied groove with a fresh and fruitful nose of tympanic temptation. It begins and ends with a big hop bite that is itself forever balanced on the brink by a steady rhythm of malt. Dry-hopped for extra quenching in the face of heat and beat, it’s an ideal accompaniment to chilling out, turning inward or sailing onward through the music of the night toward the dawn of the mind. It’s the liquid way to say be here now lest you never come this way again.

jeremyd365 (124) - Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA - APR 23, 2008
Under the cap was the message "Beer for Peace". Poured a pretty transparent, light copper with minimal white head and had medium to low carbonation. It smelled wonderfully floral, citrussy and hoppy. Tastes just as great as it smells, maybe greater. Finishes smooth with hops with only a hint of a bitter kick. I really liked this brew and would highly recommend! I wasn’t too familiar with Magic Hat, but this makes me want to test the waters on any others they have to offer.

run20six2 (123) - USA - APR 9, 2005
A very bitter beer that has a surprisingly good taste. A sort of fruity aftertaste but all around good tasting beer

mcc5468 (122) - USA - JAN 30, 2009
In a bottle from the Flying Saucer, Columbia, SC. New beer, great expectations from this brewery. It was a pretty good IPA but nothing special. A little too sweet for my tastes but an okay IPA. Not the best from this brewery.

michaelm18 (118) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - JUN 29, 2003
Nice orange color but not as hoppy as I was expecting it to be. We had to leave the bar before I was able to fully enjoy it so I don't think I can fairly comment on this beer.

paul9639 (116) - New Hampshire, USA - MAY 1, 2005
Pours a cloudy amber, with a white head. The aroma is hoppy and fruity. The flavor is a bitter and fruity. Like most Magic Hat beers, it is betterthan most beers that you can get in a grocery store, but it feels forced. Almost watery and fake. I like Blind Faith better.

sallad (115) - USA - MAY 14, 2008
Clear, brilliant gold with a thick nearly white head that leaves great lace. Cut hay and grass and some grapefruit over earthy sweet malt. Crisp and bitter with nice malt character. Slightly astringent, but still very tasty.

thekmoonlegend (115) - Lynn, Massachusetts, USA - DEC 31, 2007
UPDATED: JUN 1, 2009 The hops in this beer are intense, but a must-try if you enjoy IPA’s. Aroma is hoppy but malts are also present. Fruity, flowery taste. Carbonation is decent, and head stays for awhile.

jbak (111) - Torrington, Connecticut, USA - JUL 8, 2003
Starts with a very nice and strong floral hop aroma. Has a large fluffy with head that dissipates rather slowly with great lacing. Pours a nice golden hue that is slightly hazy. Hop bit is some what mellow upfront, blending nicely with the maltiness but the spicy floral bite lingers into the finish very nicely

cjw163 (109) - hummelstown, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 11, 2007
12oz bottle from Joe’s garage. I LOVE magic hat, but can you say Hoppy Hoppy Hoppy...wow

dsm (109) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - APR 13, 2008
Draft at Bedrock in Baltimore. I liked the citrus and grapefruit tastes in this one, but it was much less hoppy than I thought it would be. I would definitely have it again though.