RATINGS: 439   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.81/5   SEASONAL: Summer   IBU: 13   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Our take on the classic summer wheat beer...it’s a light, crisp ale for mowing lawns, hitting lazy fly balls and communing with nature. Glowing like brilliant rays of golden sun, its malty sweetness finishes tart and crisp. Hocus Pocus is best appreciated with a wedge of orange. Offered as a sacrifice to cloudless days.

Apellonious (53) - USA - AUG 24, 2005
From bottle..Gold color ..thin head..banana/clove aroma. Did not drink with slice of orange as reccomended, but some day I will. But I did drop some fresh blueberries in there. Why? I am not sure. Maybe its because I like watching the berries float up and down and bubble with fizz. Maybe its because I did too much beer tasting this evening. Anyways.. The taste is very crisp, refreshing even. Banana/clove after taste. Not as overbearing as other weizens I have tried. A good beer.

VTDeerHunter (51) - Vermont, USA - DEC 26, 2002
Average. Not too strong a flavor. It had a nice appearance, minimal body, and non-offensive finish.

PattiA (49) - Madison, New Hampshire, USA - AUG 22, 2006
The pour is decent with a golden color like a cross between hay and maple syrup. The head foams up a bit, but nothing too great to speak of, leaving just a little trace a short time later around the sides of the beer glass. The aroma is somewhat grainy, lemony and sour, with something of a hint of the hops contained within. Initially, I had a hard time detecting the taste. Definitely is light bodied and doesn’t overkill you with taste. By the third try I was pretty much giving up on detecting any taste until about midway through when the hops kick in with an acidic, bitter taste. It left behind a slightly sour feel in my mouth. The carbonation level is a bit higher than what I like as well, which to me is usually an indicator that it’s trying to compensate for lack of taste with more bubbles. That is most certainly true here.

cathschlag (48) - Montréal, Quebec, CANADA - DEC 26, 2006
Odeur de miel. Couleur jaune doré. De petite particules se déposent au fond du verre. Mousse quasi absente qui disparaît rapidement. Très mince en bouche. L’amertume est présente à l’attaque mais disparaît en finale. (Achetée au magasin de Winooski).

SirHopsAlot (44) - Cockeysville, Maryland, USA - JUN 22, 2002
Not a very exciting beer. If it is supposed to be a wheat beer, it is not very true to style. Being that it is filtered takes alot away from the beer. There is a bit of bitterness on the palate and not much on the nose. Not a very well structured beer.

dtblaser (42) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - JUL 27, 2006
Not too bad. It has some bitter hops mixed in, which distracted from the "fresh bread" flavor found in other wheat beers. Some lemony zests, but the overall flavor was watery and undefined. Drinkable, but not the best wheat brew my any means.

Cows9 (41) - Dumont, New Jersey, USA - MAY 12, 2005
Not much of an aroma, appearance is a real pale straw color. Lemon/citrus makes its presence clear throughout this brew. A little bit of hops give it a bit of structure but it is kind of thin. Not good, not bad....a bit enjoyable.

jcurtis55 (35) - Plainfield, Indiana, USA - JUN 28, 2008
I’ve not been a big fan of wheat beers, but this one is mild enough I found it easy to drink. It started with a couple of fingers of head, but lost the head fairly quickly. A light gold color and fairly clear for a wheat, although there is a bit of cloudiness to it. Mild aroma of wheat with a bit of hops citrus. The mouthfeel is pretty light but the taste was better than the aroma led me to believe it would be. Aftertaste is bitterness.This will never be confused with the bigger heavier beers, but when you’re in the mood for something other than a heavy beer, this works. This might also make a nice gateway beer into the world of craft beers.

IndiaDaleAle (35) - Allentown, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 9, 2006
This was my first American Wheat, and I hope I can muster enough confidence to try it again. This was citrusy and had a strong malt flavor. The appearance was more like an ale or lager. I won’t be doing this one again.

dthmtldgn (32) - barrington, New Jersey, USA - JUL 27, 2004
great beer, very drinkable. citrus hint with a slight darker than usual color, it went down quicker than i could pour.