RATINGS: 254   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.41/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   IBU: 20   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
Red Irish rising, sweet loam of the moor, Slowly, so slowly we watch the art of the pour. Born of the gas whose molecules dance. Born of the flow of a dense liquid trance Feeding the head, feeding the heart Humble Patience is the place we start How long is the ride? How traveled the road? What do we bring to lighten the load? Humble Patience is the thing The ripe revelation that waiting will bring, Humble Patience... How long does it take for soon to be now? OUR IRISH-STYLE ALE POURS SLOWLY, ITS DARK GARNET-RED COLOR CASCADING INTO A RICH, THICK, CREAMY HEAD THAT WILL MAKE YOU WEEP WITH JOY.

AustinMilbarge (681) - Denver, Colorado, USA - JAN 12, 2003
At the Brewery: This one was fun to watch settle out. Good red color. Kind of a doughy taste. I recommend going to the brewery. Some pot heads I know described it as Disneyland for beer. I don’t know about that, but it was enjoyable.

jazz88 (2679) - San Francisco, California, USA - JAN 6, 2003
Bottle. Dark brown with ruby. A laced off-white head. Not much aroma, some dark malts. The flavor is weak. Thanks to Tim for bringing me a couple of Magic Hat beers.

estoppel (1028) - Buffalo, New York, USA - DEC 13, 2002
Transparent reddish-brown body, small tan head quickly receding, fruity nose with a bit of grain. Dark fruits and roasted malts, some bitterness in the finish, some hops. Decent.

Dickinsonbeer (5074) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - DEC 2, 2002
I dont think I have ever had a true Irish red ale before, but i really liked this. Very dark red color with very slight head. Nice carbonation- lots of malt and some hops. This is just a good drinking ale- very smooth.

freekyp (2235) - Thomasville, North Carolina, USA - NOV 29, 2002
My personal favorite Magic Hat. Hat’s distinctive apricot overtone is prevalent in this entry. Nice meelow red color. Head dissipated quickly.

ARMed (625) - Garnet Valley, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 20, 2002
Thought that this beer was unimpressive. I was hoping for a lot more, but the taste and palate was not very appealing. Color was a dark brown with some reddish hidden tint. The head was non-existent and the flavor was bitter. Not a good beer.

russnug (35) - Erie, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 3, 2002
Nice creamy head that dissapated rather quickly. Somewhat of a roasted front end. Smooth middle and a light bitter finish.

Duffbeer (192) - Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 14, 2002
Hopefully, I just got a bad batch. It was pretty skunky. Terrible taste, and aroma. Will try again though to make sure I just didn’t get a bad batch.

austinpowers (2828) - San Francisco, California, USA - OCT 10, 2002
Decent Irish Red beer, but nothing to get too hyped about. Someone at the brewery told me this is identical to Bob’s First Ale - what a load of crap! I’m tasting them side-by-side tonite and while Bob’s First is schwarzbierish and roasty, HPatience is considerably more hoppy. Moral of the story: don’t believe receptionists at breweries.

argo0 (14127) - Washington DC, USA - OCT 9, 2002
Clear dark copper body with a medium off-white head. Grassy and slightly caramel aroma. Flavor is grassy bitterness tempered by toastiness and sweet caramel. Fairly clean aftertaste that ends quite bitterly grassy. Impressive for an Irish Red.