RATINGS: 254   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.41/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   IBU: 20   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
Red Irish rising, sweet loam of the moor, Slowly, so slowly we watch the art of the pour. Born of the gas whose molecules dance. Born of the flow of a dense liquid trance Feeding the head, feeding the heart Humble Patience is the place we start How long is the ride? How traveled the road? What do we bring to lighten the load? Humble Patience is the thing The ripe revelation that waiting will bring, Humble Patience... How long does it take for soon to be now? OUR IRISH-STYLE ALE POURS SLOWLY, ITS DARK GARNET-RED COLOR CASCADING INTO A RICH, THICK, CREAMY HEAD THAT WILL MAKE YOU WEEP WITH JOY.

muzzlehatch (4959) - Beloit, Wisconsin, USA - JUL 30, 2002
Sept 01: Did I have a different brew than the rest of you? Yes, it’s drinkable and I’ll agree on the ’creamy mouthfeel’, but the smoothness isn’t accompanied by anything special in the flavor or palate. What IS special is the wonderful apple/spice/citrus nose and the beautiful color and head. Not bad, just not great overall. Aug 02: same overall impression, but I’ve gotten more picky! So new scores reflect that. Recommended with reservations.

hopscotch (11113) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - JUL 19, 2002
This beer rocks. Although the brewer classifies this as an Irish Red Ale, I believe that it is one of the very best(and very malty)brown ales out there. If it looks like a nut brown, tastes like a nut brown and smells like a nut brown...it’s a freakin’ nut brown. Go buy a case if you can still find one. I hear they might be more or less replacing this beer with their Humble Patience. A shame.

PBOYNY (316) - Westchester, New York, USA - JUL 18, 2002
great red ale!! very tasty indeed, somewhat malty,can’t wait to have some more!!

stephen (308) - California, USA - JUL 4, 2002
Part of a 9 pack sampler of 3 beers. Drank 2 months before the recommended by date. Good color and aroma is very inviting, however the flavor and aftertaste were a little bitter and astringent for my tastes. It grew on me slightly as I drank the second bottle of three.

NeroFiddled (105) - Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 29, 2002
Nice caramel and light chocolate aroma with a touch of grassy hop. Very, very deep copper color. Creamy mouthfeel. Full toasty malt flavor well backed by hops. Finishes with a long lingering malt character. Smooth. Nice. Fairly complex character.

Steak (124) - New York, USA - APR 14, 2002
A great red shaded color. Aroma was strangely both sweet and citric, but balanced. Taste was malty and creamy to start with just a hint of hops at the end, very nice. So smooth and incredibly easy to drink. Very impressive.

michaelm18 (118) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - APR 13, 2002
Great creamy, malty taste with a nice head and body. Yummy!

Gregory (357) - Pullman, Washington, USA - MAR 17, 2002
RERATE: I liked this beer much more the 2nd, and 3rd time. I find the mild palate and flavor very appealing. The beer is creamy and malty, with a clean hoppy finish. Nice beer.

Merc (313) - Pullman, Washington, USA - MAR 17, 2002
Very nice brew. A little on the bitter side but nice flavourful malts to make up for it. Creamy palate, dry finish.

Aubrey (3516) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - MAR 12, 2002
In the honor of St. Pat’s day - which is quickly approaching - I thought I’d make this one my 500th (not only that, but it looked lonely in my fridge... and it just happened to be the 500th one that I put out of its misery). Turned out to be my favorite Magic Hat, as of today (haven’t had Ravell yet). Real nice candy-apple-red color with a creamy head that leaves behind some rather interesting lace patterns. Nose is sweet and spicy. Flavor is rich and toasted. Mouthfeel is smooth and easy to swallow. Zingy hops seem to complement the malts very well. Not my favorite style, but pretty good stuff. Now, just about 20,000 more to go...