RATINGS: 254   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.41/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   IBU: 20   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
Red Irish rising, sweet loam of the moor, Slowly, so slowly we watch the art of the pour. Born of the gas whose molecules dance. Born of the flow of a dense liquid trance Feeding the head, feeding the heart Humble Patience is the place we start How long is the ride? How traveled the road? What do we bring to lighten the load? Humble Patience is the thing The ripe revelation that waiting will bring, Humble Patience... How long does it take for soon to be now? OUR IRISH-STYLE ALE POURS SLOWLY, ITS DARK GARNET-RED COLOR CASCADING INTO A RICH, THICK, CREAMY HEAD THAT WILL MAKE YOU WEEP WITH JOY.

jtclockwork (16600) - , New Jersey, USA - MAY 11, 2010
UPDATED: AUG 3, 2012 Very nice very dark reddish pour. Nose and taste is a pleasant roasted malt, bitter hops. Rated 6/22/02 Originally 4.1

yobdoog (1888) - Kingston, New York, USA - SEP 15, 2009
Had this a while ago side by side with a Killians because that is my bros gf’s favorite. This was a bit thinner and not as much hops. Not bad. Red color, aroma has some faint hops and burnt caramel. Flavor is light with an earthy quality.

smcolw (617) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - MAY 9, 2009
Dark, but clear. The color is a reddish dark, dirty copper. A nice head with some slippery lace. Crystal malt sweetness in the aroma with some cocoa notes. Very light hop touch. Some mild coffee flavors that give way to a bitter hop aftertaste. Relatively two dimensional in my opinion. Tastes good and is very quaffable. Interestingly, my initial impression is that this is a thin beer, but as I hold the liquid in my mouth, the consistency thickens up.

changeup45 (1731) - Lake Mary, Florida, USA - APR 12, 2008
UPDATED: SEP 9, 2008 Pours a dark color which is almost black with red highlights. Very rich texture, medium head and a lot of lace. Rich chocolate, smokey taste to it with some bold, maybe not so fresh coffee. A slightly bitter finish. Not quite what I thought it was going to be. Glad I tried it.

beerbill (3619) - Laurel, New York, USA - JAN 23, 2008
As I mentioned in my review a couple of days ago of Burger Classic, I’ve been cleaning and organzing part of my basement and building shelves for my beer cellar. A nice dividend was paid this morning in the form of discovering lost reviews I had written. While I still can’t find my review of SPH RIS, at least I can add these now. Here we go...

12 oz. bottle consumed October, 2003. From my old notes...Pours a mostly clear reddish brown with a medium sized off-white head. Pleasant aroma of lightly roasted malt and nuts. The flavor is similar. Medium bodied.

BREWMUSKCLES (2686) - New Jersey, USA - JUN 9, 2007
MELLOW AND SWEET. BETTER LEFT OUT FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS. GOOD BODY. DARK BROWN FROM ROASTY AND CARAMELLY NUTS. A GIFT FROM A FRIEND EARTHY AND A TOUCH WATERY. SWEET FRUITPUNCHY -

jason (1834) - Easton, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 8, 2006
Bottle 2005. Decent aroma and red look with thin head and decent activity bubbling up. Flavor is good, mild and balanced. Slight spices used. One of the best Magic Hats from their variety packs.

ROGUE (2215) - Lewes, Delaware, USA - AUG 22, 2006
Poured a clear rich amber color with a dense medium head. Full aroma of chocolate, coffee, and a hint of nuttiness. Flavor of roasted malts, nuts and a little sweet. A better beer from MH.

User37895 (3042) - - MAY 31, 2006
I really enjoyed this one from Magic Hat. Little thin for an Irish Ale (creamier would have been better), but the dark color matches the flavor. Chocolate may have been a little strong, but this one is worth getting when you’re in the mood. I’d love to try it on draft.

Beerdedone (3408) - Croydon, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 21, 2006
Bottle. Pours dark brown with a small tan head. Aroma of yeast, nuts, caramel, and roast. Flavor is caramel, nuts, roasted malts, smooth, and coffee. Good body, decent brew.