RATINGS: 157   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.23/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 213   ABV: 7.1%
Magic Hat is presenting our year long "Tour of IPAs!" Please join us in welcoming to the stage our revolving roster of FOUR features, specially formulated to entertain the palates of hop lovers worldwide. Smell the hops, taste the hops, love the hops... and stay "On Tour" with our quarterly cabaret of IPAs.

Ticket to Rye is a Rye IPA that offers the imbiber an opening act of rye spice, nicely woven into a hearty, bitter backup from an entire band of Nugget hops. The harmony created by these ingredients is just what any epic show calls for.

thedm (6319) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - MAR 20, 2014
This bottled brew from a grocery store poured a medium sized head of foamy finely sized light tan colored bubbles that were very long lasting and left behind a very softly carbonated slightly hazy light brown orange colored body and a good lacing. The mild aroma was bready and mild hop. The sharp vinous crisp mouth feel was very tingly at the start and at the finish with a biting hoppy aftertaste. The sharp flavor contained notes of rye hops and malt. A wonderful best in class brew.

maxwelldeux (4433) - Snohomish, Washington, USA - FEB 5, 2013
Bottle. Pours a slightly hazy amber color with a moderate off-white head. Nose is a little hoppy with a lot of rye in it. Taste is slightly bitter, but overrun with the rye grains. Smooth finish and appealing taste.

6ROW (473) - corpus christi, Texas, USA - MAY 23, 2014
dark orange foggy pour , no hops aroma . malty taste with a late hops bitter flavor . I like it

Alextricity (509) - Michigan, USA - MAR 20, 2013
12oz bottle poured into a Samuel Adams "Perfect Pint" glass. Appearance: Orange/brown in color, with three fingers of a creamy, sand colored head. Lacing’s quite nice on this one as well. Smell: Really a lot like an IPA with a burst of floral sorts of hops, but there’s certainly a rye aroma, which should be expected (given the name), as well as some sweet smelling malts. A very nice smelling beer. All’s good so far. Taste/feel: I haven’t had many ryes, so I’ll throw that out there right away... but it’s quite an intriguing beer. I get a lot of sweetness on the front, with a lot of rye bitterness on the finish. There’s a very nice balance here though, which really makes this beer quite drinkable. The finish is not for the faint of heart, but Ticket to Rye is tasty. It smells and drinks like a sweet-ish IPA, but the rye makes things interesting. After having their #9 as my first beer by them, things have really only gone up from there. I like Ticket to Rye more than I thought I would.

grundsow (141) - Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 20, 2014
Weak, that’s what comes to mind. For an IPA, where is the flavor? Slightly high amount of alcohol, love the bitter rye, hops are mild though. Flavor is right, but weak and just an average beer. Maybe I’m spoiled, I dunno.

joejames (510) - Jacobus, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 28, 2014
Bottle to shaker glass. Pours deep hazy amber/red, two finger off white head, moderate lacing. Aroma of dark fruits, pepper and caramel. Taste is snappy from the rye, nice resin bitterness, balanced sweetness from the grain bill. Medium body, slightly creamy, lightly carbonated. Finishes sweet up front then a long chewy bitterness. I like this one!