overall
Brewed by Bulmers Ireland (C&C Group)
Style: Perry
Clonmel, County Tipperary, Ireland
Serve in Flute, Stem glass

RATINGS: 210   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.38/5   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
We all need a bit of variety and thats why we came up with the idea for Magners Pear. Of course, we like to do things properly and dont mind taking our time about it, so unlike some Pear cider, the only fruit that goes into ours is pears.

And of course, youll only find 100% premium quality pears in Magners Pear, which we filter to get rid of any impurities before fermenting slowly.

Thats what makes Magners Pear so fresh, fruity and full of flavor. So next time youre out and wanting a bit of a change, pour a Magners Pear, sit back and enjoy.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
tricksta_p (4037) - Steenwijk, NETHERLANDS - DEC 14, 2013
UPDATED: NOV 23, 2015 Pours a clear yellow/green with no head. Not much of an aroma, just sweet pear flavour and not even very potent at that. I expected more of a pear taste. This is very much like cheap champagne.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
kkleu357 (634) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 30, 2013
Pours like a whit wine. Looks like it too. Sweet sugary aroma. Has an off pear taste. Its ok. Im not really a cider drinker, but my girlfriend is. She likes this, but I think Fox Barrel pear cider is better.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
JRHBrew (367) - Fredericton, New Brunswick, CANADA - NOV 2, 2013
I love Magners Pear Cider. It trumped Sir Perry in my books and I loved that the first time I had it.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
Cousin_Larry (893) - - NOV 1, 2013
UPDATED: NOV 4, 2013 No aroma. Flavor is similar to champagne and aftertaste has a cheese-like quality. Not good.

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
kcornwell (4) - Niceville, - OCT 23, 2013 does not count
Not a fan. Pear cider? Weird taste if you like ciders. Not much else to say about this beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
decaturstevo (6022) - decatur, Tennessee, USA - SEP 16, 2013
Almost water clear with no head. Aroma is sour musty pears. Flavor is sweet light pears. Light bodied and watery but it is a cider.

crhensel (145) - New Jersey, USA - SEP 1, 2013
My first pear cider and sampled from the bottle at the UK Pavilion on Epcot. I wasnt sure what to make of this,but it was much drier and crisper that I thought it would be. I found the pear flavor to be very subtle and it faded quickly into the dry bite at the end. Highly recommended if you Ike dry ciders.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Dick_Dastardly (7) - Ontario, CANADA - AUG 22, 2013 does not count
Love it. Have it off the tap every Tuesday at Wing Night @ the Island Grill in Burleigh Falls. It is what it says it is. If you like Pear Cider, you want this. Only comment to make is that it is quite sparkly and light in colour, reminiscent of a sparkling wine or lower grade of champagne. Goes good with mild, medium, hot, h.g. or dry Cajun wings. Dig in.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
BOSSbrewer (2705) - Arkansas, USA - AUG 6, 2013
This is my first pear cider. Mot sure what to make of it. Sweet up front but dry on the finish. Had at the Blue Posts in London.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
czar (8558) - Qubec, Quebec, CANADA - AUG 4, 2013
can. pours clear extra pale yellow with medium-sized bubbles exploding. sweet ripened pears, artificial flavored-pear candies, bit of herbs, sweetness, floral notes. average carbonation, light body, lactose-like finish. DP.