overall
RATINGS: 555   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.93/5   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Our first run at an American Pale Ale. Flavors and aromas of zesty citrus, passionfruit, and pine present themselves throughout. A very subtle malt sweetness for balance, but this is intended to finish dry.

Jay_Dubbz (103) - Pennsylvania, USA - APR 30, 2013
1star = Not my cup of tea. 2stars = Good 3stars = Really Good 4stars = Excellent 5stars = Personal Hall of Fame --you've been Dubbed.

Rupert_Rising (5) - West Rupert, Vermont, USA - JUN 14, 2013 does not count
again, a perfect beer. i have never had a pale ale as good as this one. amazingly floral nose with a magnificently white head. a bright light orange hue with a subtle haze. bottle conditioned to perfection. citrus hops hit your tongue and take it all the way back to finish. you would think you were drinking a high end ipa with this one. hands down my favorite beer from this brewery. quite possibly my favorite beer period.

FunkyBuddaMan (16) - boca raton, Florida, USA - FEB 1, 2015
Maine Beer Company produces some amazing hoppy beers. This has become my favorite Pale Ale. Overall: 100

Runenman (5) - New Jersey, USA - AUG 19, 2016 does not count
this beer has a great crisp, refreshing taste. They nailed the citrus and can smell it when you approach your glass but it has a dry finish. This is a great summer beer!

User37895 (3042) - - OCT 13, 2016
Maine Beer Co does it all so well. I didn’t rate this when I had it in a bottle, just don’t get around to typing these things up anymore. But, after grabbing a keg, it’s worth it. Pour is yellow full bodied and hazy unfiltered, huge head with pillowy rings lacing all the way down. Aroma of pineapples, citrus, floral. Flavor is rich citrus and tropical and resinous pine, finishing with a lightly sweet malt base, some biscuit flavors, hearty mouthfeel and nicely carbonated, just fantastic. The best pale ale I’ve ever had. Not even close, starts to present itself as an IPA, and a darned great one at that too.

maxwelldeux (4374) - Snohomish, Washington, USA - APR 16, 2013
Bottle. Pours a yellow color with a moderate white head. Nose is super fresh with some floral and pine notes to it. Feels super light and easy to drink with some great smoothness. Very yummy and not too bitter.

johnbuck100 (306) - Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 18, 2014
I hate to give this beer a perfect score, buts lets face it, it is near perfect. I think the key is the bottled on date, which in my case was about 30 days ago. this beer, being bottle conditioned and very hoppy, does not age well. If you can get a bottle of this beer less than 60 days old, you will be drinking one of the best pale ales on the planet. Very hoppy and fresh, with the bottle-conditioned hazy yeast a near perfect beer. So addicting, I just wish they were less expensive.

Ctplt777 (530) - Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA - OCT 24, 2015
As of drinking this beer, I have never had a Pale Ale tastes as delicious and perfect as this one. It’s hard to really explain this without actually drinking it. It’s very tropical and theres a lot of orange. Taste has tons of orange juice, tropical fruits and a delicate bitterness. Nothing weird or sweet or off. Really balanced and the hops shine through. This is a world class beer without a doubt. I absolutely love it. I wish more pale ales were like this. I have never had a bad beer from Maine Brewing Company, and this just makes me more excited that I can get their awesome beers. Truly a world class beer. Cheers!