Brewed by Mallard
Style: Bitter
Southwell, England
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 5   MEAN: 3.06/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.98/5   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%
Cask; Regular.

A mellow ruby bitter, with a complex malt flavour of chocolate, toffee and coffee, complimented by a full and fruity hoppy aftertaste.

Most RecentTicked By

weaselkenievil (1608) - Cheshire, ENGLAND - FEB 12, 2008
Really not my thing. Smells like a city centre door way. No offence to the brewers or anything but I’d rather not thanks. Not impressed at all but don’t let my bad judgement sway you. Not me, but thanks for getting me a little drunker. Sorry for the poor rate my English bredren, just say it as I drink it.

MesandSim (7117) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - OCT 22, 2007
A Mes rate: Gravicask at Nottingham Beer Festival.
Ruby brown with a rim of white bubbles. Nice berry aroma with slight liquorice, coffee and malt. Flavour equally decent. Tangy malt, dusty hoppage and more coffee and liquorice. Nice dry malty finish eventually settling on lingering hops.

RichardGretton (4770) - Leicestershire, ENGLAND - MAY 27, 2007
[email protected] Beer Festival, 2007. Dark brown beer with a lightly dry and malty aroma, and a toffee bitter flavour. Overall an average beer.

haddonsman (1234) - Derby, Derbyshire, ENGLAND - FEB 21, 2007
Cask (gravity) Melton CAMRA Festival 2006. Another good best at this fest. Thick ruby body, some good coffee/toffee going on in there, hop kick finish is almost misplaced but the fruit keep it on an even keel.

harrisoni (18579) - Ashford, Kent, ENGLAND - APR 16, 2006
Cask gravity at Chambers, Folkestone. They were having an Easter Ales Festival of a dozen beers. After trying most of them, the 2 friends that I went with thought that this was the best on offer. Deep ruby, beige thin head. Malty coffee and rich fruit aroma. Good in mouth with more choc/coffee with jammy strawberry. Sour hops kick in on end which is very lasting but I’m not sure this harsh sourness fits in with the rest of the beer.