overall
Style: Abbey Tripel
Breendonk-Puurs, Belgium

RATINGS: 1886   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.65/5   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
Bottle conditioned.
Golden beer with a characteristically fresh bouquet and sweet after-taste.

Huubs' rating

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Huubs (142) - - DEC 30, 2012
Licht amberkleurig, wazig met een afnemende witte schuimkraag die een mooi laagje overlaat. Geur: zoet en alcohol. Smaak: start zoet met kandijsuiker en wat kruidig. Gemiddeld zoet en bitter, koolzuur eveneens gemiddeld aamwezig. Gemakkelijk te drinken, geen uitschieter. Aldus Huubs. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

sakproduction (2) - - NOV 20, 2017 does not count
A beautiful abbey ale; barley malt. Yeast and fruit notes at the back of the palate with a lingering finish. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

bobblackcoffee (59) - - NOV 19, 2017
Nice substantial long lasting head. Surprising that this is a ten per center. Marmaladey and not sweet, quite bitter and hoppy in fact, unusual for a Belge triple. Solid, but it’s not astounding. Drink a few and youd’d fall down.

17Beer (415) - Connecticut, USA - NOV 18, 2017
11.2 oz bottle. Scents of big Belgian yeast and alcohol. Pours a dark orange with a big persistent rocky white head. Big tastes of yeast and leather. Pretty well balanced sours and sweets. Warming but not too much alcohol. Good carbonation with lots of lacing. A nice tripel.

artemb (1177) - Chisinau, MOLDOVA - NOV 17, 2017
amber, not very stable head light fruity notes, decent peppery and spicy alcohol nose dry with prominent spicy bitterness dry alcohol finish good

puren (1257) - Gdańsk, POLAND - OCT 26, 2017
PREZENTACJA: zamglone, pomarańczowo-bursztynowe, mocno obfita piana osiada powoli do chmurki, na ściance pozostawia kilka plamek;
AROMAT: suszone brzoskwinie, nutka mosiądzu, karmel, śliwka, pomarańcza, w tle mleczna czekolada, po zabełtaniu brzydki spirytus;
ODCZUCIE: ciało średnie, wysoko nasycone, krągłe;
SMAK: karmel, suszona brzoskwinia, trochę wódki, trawiasto-alkoholowa goryczka, czekoladowy posmak;
OGÓLNIE: mimo bogatych aromatu i smaku szału nie robi, dodatkowo efekt trochę psuje niefajnie wyczuwalny alkohol.

ianwelby (1525) - SCOTLAND - OCT 25, 2017
Clear amber beer with a bubbly white head. Sweet, floral smell. Taste is bready, fruit is quite tangy initially but mellows out a bit. Honey, malt, banana, zest. Rich and tasty with a lingering, sweet aftertaste that doesn't veer into sickliness, though I should have chilled it a bit more. Lovely.

Bill Becker (1775) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - OCT 25, 2017
From Jun 2007 I'm pouring this from a 750ML caged and corked bottle.(best by 05 2009) It has a medium gold colour and it's clear. The head of foam is pretty large and it has some nice lacing. The foam settles down after a few minutes but stays for the entire session as a solid fine layer. A good looker. The smell is very fruity and I get some spiciness as well. A few more whiffs reveals a caramel malt base and some yeasty tones. The taste has a lot of dark fruit, like plum and fig, and caramel malt that is pretty tasty. There's also some tartness and some yeast and the alcohol is noticeable but not offensive. Another sipping Tripel and as always, I'm going to take my time to enjoy this offering. Swishing the Ale in my mouth, I notice a pretty substantial hop presence...there's a lot going on in my New Belgium chalice, for sure. One thing that kind of detracts from my liking it more is a not so pleasing bitterness that comes in near and through the finish. Still, this is a good Tripel in my book and I'd drink it again though I prefer the Chimay Tripel that I can get locally.(I got this from Liquorama) The second pour gives me a cloudy orange-gold with more of the sweet malty goodness and less of the bitterness I'm complaining about and that's....a good thing. I'm drinking this at room temp and maybe I'll "chill" the bottle the next time I try it and let it warm up. A cold first pour will probably ge me better results.... Bottom line: Like I said, this is a good example of the style and is worth seeking out. Did it make my favourite Belgian Tripels list? No, but again, it's interesting and different enough to warrant a shot. Who knows...it may make your favourite Tripels list.

bigweirdbox (3) - - OCT 22, 2017 does not count
.......................................great beer ............................ ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Bitek (799) - Warszawa, POLAND - OCT 20, 2017
Przyprawy, białe owoce, biszkoptowa słodowość, rozgrzewający alkohol. Średnie ciało, dość wytrawne, ze stosunkowo niewielką słodyczą i delikatnie kwaskowym finiszem. Wysokie wysycenie, goryczka średnia do niskiej.

Mariox (337) - Warsaw, POLAND - OCT 14, 2017
Backlog, Pite w Antwerpii. Piwo charakterystyczne dla triple, ale jest dość przeciętne.