overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 105   WEIGHTED AVG: 3/5   IBU: 23   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
A great fruit beer. The blueberry flavor is a perfect marriage of ingredients. Light and refreshing, this beer is great all by itself or blended with another. Try a Black and Blue which is a mix of Stout and Bluebeery Ale.

joet (2607) - Wilsonville, Oregon, USA - JUL 22, 2001
I’m not a big fruit-*flavored* fan at all. I love lambics where there’s some complexity from fermentation and the associated yeast and bacteria but your typical apricot-flavored wheat beer usually sucks rocks. After reading this beers many awards from GABF and WBC listed on its label, I was still prepared to hate this stuff. But thank God I didn’t! The aroma is all of floral, perfume, slightly hoppy and of course blueberry. The beer is well-textured and balanced, refreshing and complex. In an age of micro-clones, it’s got character! It also looks great from start to finish.

austinpowers (2828) - San Francisco, California, USA - AUG 30, 2002
World class for a fruit beer. I realize this is a much-derided category, but this beer is legit and worthy of being stacked up against some fruit lambics. It’s won scads of awards and the taste infused isn’t the least bit artificial or cloying. Frankly, this is not a chick beer - it’s a real, quality ale that no guy should be embarrassed to drink. It’s cloudy and murky in the glass, which is a good sign. Open your mind and give this a fair shot.

blackmurder (236) - Whitaker, Oregon, USA - MAR 19, 2008
Very good spring/summer ale. Crisp amber pour, medium silver cloud head. Refreshing taste, recommended.

rmussman (1701) - California, USA - MAR 2, 2007
A very nice fruit beer. Pours with a gigantic head. Took about ten mins to pour the entire 22 oz bottle as the head just bubbled up uncontrollably. Appearance is wonderful, light brown and cloudy. Mouthfeel is very smooth and flavor is full of blueberry accents but not too strong and sweet. Still very nice.

GG (2332) - NorCal, California, USA - MAY 22, 2006
This beer really, really suprised me. I had have a few Marin Brew products and have always thought highly of them. I tried today the Raspberry ale and I really wasn’t impress with it at all, so I had some trepidation with trying this. Quite simply, this is one of the easiest to drink fruit beers I’ve ever had. The aroma of this beer is straight out of the cereal box that has the dehydrated blueberries in it. Blueberries, blueberries and more blueberries. Appearance is VERY light in color, almost a yellow-golden hue. This beer pours a HUGE head so be careful. Mouthfeel was lively and carbonated. Flavor was blueberry, but in a way that didn’t smack you upside the head. Very well done, so I guess my vote goes for the blueberry ale as my favorite from their two.

beerguy101 (5360) - Newark, California, USA - SEP 26, 2002
Light gold color, medium head, with a slight berry nose. A light bodied ale, nicely malty and medium hopped. Blueberry flavoring subtle, not very sweet. Mild smooth taste. Mouthfeel is full and round. Finish is smooth. Aftertaste is slightly fruity, yet slightly bitter.

BrewDad (5328) - Olympia, Washington, USA - SEP 27, 2005
This was a great blueberry beer. I have for years tried to make one and can not get the flavor. They did it. The blueberry was there it had a great flavor I loved it. The beer had a great fresh flavor the overall brewing was flawless. Great Job Guys!!!!

wavers1 (916) - Notown, California, USA - FEB 14, 2009
bottom line: it took me 4 bombers to get tired of it, very good for a fruit beer. the aroma is amazing, blueberry taste is great without being overwhelming.

dwyerpg (6187) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - MAY 31, 2007
As far as fruit beers go this was pretty nice. Plus it was the first blueberry beer I’ve ever liked. The flavor just doesn’t taste fake and isn’t too sweet. Certainly a pleasant surprise.

UselessGdTaste (365) - Long Beach, California, USA - JUN 16, 2008
The aroma was intense with blueberries. I was worried. However, the flavour was nice and subtle. In fact, it had only a hint of blueberry in an otherwise pleasant light beer.