Marstonís Albion Porter

Formerly brewed at Marstonís
Style: Porter
Burton-on-Trent, England

RATINGS: 7   MEAN: 3.23/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.12/5   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Bottled.

Most RecentTicked By

gripweed57 (2308) - Hamilton Square, New Jersey, USA - MAY 16, 2017
From old tasting notes. Translucent reddish brown color topped by a big rocky tan head. Mild toasted malt aroma. Soft dryish malt flavor reminiscent of dried currants. Soft and chewy. Good flavor and balance.

Aggie80 (818) - Michigan, USA - FEB 22, 2003
Looked like a flat coke with some cloudiness. Weak head no lace. Interesting chocolate and hop combination. Not one I'm likely to search out, but would drink it over a lager.

Crit (3973) - Surrey, British Columbia, CANADA - JAN 8, 2003

K-V-F-L (292) - LaVista, Nebraska, USA - OCT 18, 2001
Look is nice, with a good dark color and decent head. Smells strange but not bad. Didnít like the way that it bounced around in my mouth. Aftertaste is horrible. A friend opined that it was like ígiving head to an oxí. How he knows that I am not sure, but there you have it. For me, it was just too mild and nondescript.

Indra (2711) - Suburbia, Kansas, USA - MAR 2, 2001
All in all, not a bad porter, a bit on the thin side compared to how I generally like my porters, and very British indeed. (Hops?) I would be more inclined to buy more often it if it werenít so expensive, $2.99 per pint.

Oakes (17274) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 27, 2000