overall
Style: Pale Lager
Bocholt, Belgium

RATINGS: 30   MEAN: 1.43/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.65/5   ABV: -

crackedmachine (481) - Seattle, Washington, USA - FEB 13, 2009
This is a mostly flavorless, watery, and as far as I can tell low-alcohol beer. But, it doesn’t taste bad at all...better than say, Miller Lite, and much better than a Bud Lite. A great beer for a boilermaker. That’s how I’ve used and enjoyed it.

1.2
Barrios (1243) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - FEB 4, 2009
12oz bottle with Butters. Pours a fading white head with a clear yellow body. Smells of malt and apples. Tastes like malt, apples, and hay. Finish is kind of sour and then gone.

1.3
Butters (4063) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - JAN 28, 2009
Bottle split with barrios at woody’s. Pours a clear light golden straw color with minimal ring of big bubble white head. Nose of sickly sweet corn and grain with a notes of honey and vanilla. Flavor is cardboard, tannens, metallic, and some sweet vanilla graininess. Pretty disgusting. Watery thin body with moderately high carbonation and a harsh metallic finish. Pass this one up.

wheelz843 (233) - Grand Island, New York, USA - OCT 1, 2008
bottle. has a very nice sweet smell but wasnt impressed with the taste. seemed to taste better the warmer it got.

RSRIZZO (2020) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - SEP 21, 2007
Had this beer on 8/4/2005. Aroma is a faint sweet malt scent. Color is bright crisp gold with good carbonation and a thin head. Taste is smooth, and sweet. Starting with a light body it goes down smooth with a creamy feel coming on. The finish in with this creamy feel turning a bit sweet and ending with a light fizz. Its a bit bland for my taste but I guess this is what you get from a low carb beer.

0.6
jonwayne4883 (401) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - MAY 1, 2007
Always see through beer, theres a reason this was $2.99 for a 6-pack. Way too carbonated and talking about malt flavor is pointless because its almost immediately an afgterthought after drinking.

detroiter (958) - Euphoria, Minnesota, USA - JAN 14, 2007
While I was pouring this beer from the bottle to my glass, I was watching the stream of liquid. Where’s the color? There’s no color. Looking in the glass, I see that there is color afterall, but it is one of the lightest yellow beers that I’ve ever seen. Absoultely no head whatsoever, but it is carbonated. Surprisingly, there was an aroma. I wasn’t expecting any. To me it smelled like a macrobeer. What is that smell, anyway? Its not hops. Its not malt. Its not alcohol. What is it? Adjuncts? Aluminum? Heck, I don’t know. Smells like Busch Light to me. OK, dare I taste it? Yes, I do. Thin. No real taste, but something catches the middle of my tongue and it has a faintly burning sensation like... no wait, that’s the carbonation. It tastes like a somewhat beer-flavored carbonated water. Well, it doesn’t taste terrible. The aftertaste is like that "Bush Light" aroma again, only less so. Apart from the carbonation bite, this beer has next to no character. OK, I expected that from a no-carb beer (even though I’ve never tried one before), but still, I was hoping for just a little bit of Belgian magic. No luck.

JK (6254) - St. Louis Park, Minnesota, USA - SEP 27, 2006
Very much a Euro lager in the aroma and flavor. It really isn’t bad, for what it is. Low carbonation. Yellow and only a thin lace of white foam on top of the beer. Light and actually very drinkable. One of the best light, pale lagers I have found. But weird corn and chemical aromas start to come out as it warms, so drink this cold.

0.9
RAYBOY01 (2010) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 23, 2005
Let’s see...you drink something with no flavor or aroma and no discernable positive qualities of any kind...but you don’t gain weight! I guess that’s fair!

Cornfield (5569) - Oak Forest, Illinois, USA - OCT 6, 2005
It’s a no-brainer as to why the store was selling this for only $2.99. Think cheap malt, corn syrup, and rusty tin cans, and you’ll have a pretty good handle on what you’re smelling and tasting here. The clear pale yellow body with it’s active carbonation and respectable head are the lager’s only redeeming factors.

<font size=-4><a href=http://www.ratebeer.com/Places/ShowPlace.asp? Liquors, Bridgeview, IL<font size=-1>