RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 3.55/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.95/5   SEASONAL: Special   ABV: -
Double red pecan wood aged ale

Most RecentTicked By

jcwattsrugger (12420) - Florida and, New Jersey, USA - DEC 23, 2011
on tap @GABF-pours brown with tan head. Aroma is soft medium malt-roasty. Taste is sweet medium malt-roasty, wood, some earthy hops.

johnnnniee (4312) - Bedford, New Hampshire, USA - JUL 25, 2011
UPDATED: MAR 2, 2012 On tap at the source. Poured a slightly clouded deep reddish brown color with a thinnish tan head that didn’t last long. Smells of caramel, toffee, cedar, earthy hops and a hint of well nuts. Taste is sweet rich and malty. Caramel and toffee up front, spicy cedar flavor midway through mixed with and earthy herbal flavor. Finishes a bit dry with a lingering alcohol bite and toffee malt sweetness. Medium to thick body, medium carbonation level, sweet almost sticky mouthfeel. I’ve had this beer twice now and I think its a well made wood aged beer. The waitress who served this to me felt it necessary to explain to me that this beer was higher in alcohol and was therefore served in a smaller glass. I would imagine they’ve had complaints.