overall

RATINGS: 1325   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.68/5   IBU: 30   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Our Coconut Porter is a classic robust porter spiced with all natural toasted coconut. It is black in color and crowned with a creamy, dark tan head. It begins with a malty-toasted-coconut aroma followed by a rich, silky mouthfeel with tastes of dark malt, chocolate, and hints of coffee. It then finishes with flavors of toasted coconut and hoppy spice to balance the finish.

SorenE (168) - , NEW ZEALAND - OCT 1, 2009
coconut dominates the aroma and flavour of this beer. there are other things going on but it is easy to miss. it’s ggod though, a little unpalatable by itself but goes great with cookies or a slice of cake, especially if there’s a bit of coconut in the recipe.

alagnak (468) - Littleton, Colorado, USA - SEP 29, 2009
Samples @ GABF. Roasty cocoa and brown sugar nose, just a slight hint of coconut in the aroma. Flavor is dynamite - nice roasty backbone with a nice dose of toasted fresh coconut @ the finish with a little bitterness. I was expecting it to be overly sweet and heavy on the condensed coconut, but it was really well integrated and subdued. Really impressed with this one and went back several times.

j12601 (13034) - Poughkeepsie, New York, USA - SEP 24, 2009
Can courtesy of panatanap. Thanks Kan. Pours a deep blackish brown with a large frothy light tan head. Roast, chocolate, coconut, dark cocoa powder. Medium bodied with a nice back and forth between roast and sweet coconut. The coconut sweetness and flavor are excellent, spot on, and tasting just like fresh coconut milk. Nice bitter cocoa finish. Really tasty stuff.

finol (3468) - Stockholm, SWEDEN - SEP 20, 2009
Sample from a can at SBWF. Black with a tiny brown head. Lots of coffe, some chocolate, coconut and alcohol. A bit to thin.

olsvammel (7273) - Örebro, SWEDEN - SEP 20, 2009
It poured a dark black-brown liquid with a small white foam. Had a scent of chocolate, coconut and coffey. It had a smooth mouthfeel and tasted of coconut and chocolate.

hirigalzkar (3240) - Stockholm, SWEDEN - SEP 20, 2009
Bottle. Too thin to be able to control all the flavors (chocolate, coconut, coffee etc). Fuuny but not really a good porter.

Icommonsewer (125) - TUCSON, Arizona, USA - SEP 15, 2009
Of all the beers in the world that I have tased, I have never before given one a perfect score. This brew has made me a believer... and IT’S FROM A CAN!?!? The most satisfying, balanced, rich and flavorful beer in the world (so far). Obviously, one should be a Porter fan to fully appreciate this brew. If you’re a Belgian or Lager fan, dont waste your time, this is not for you.

solsticebrew (61) - USA - SEP 9, 2009
Can, Honolulu. As my favorite beer in Hawaii as well as my favorite brewer, I am going to keep it short. I love this beer. It is so creamy I like to drink it with ice cream. I am going to do a better rating later, for right now, I just want to enjoy this wonderful, unique beer.

DJMonarch (9179) - Northwich, Cheshire, ENGLAND - AUG 24, 2009
From the Can at the GABF Colorado Convention Center, Denver 10/10/2008 Fruit aroma. Black and rich on the palate with some alcohol present. Sweet coconut flavoured finish.

GT (10001) - San Diego, California, USA - AUG 16, 2009
Can. Finally I get my hands on one! Pours a cola-like dark ruby with a one-finger tan head. Leaves little to no lacing. Nose is awesome! Toasted coconut flakes, pina colada, loads of milk chocolate candies, brown sugar, vanilla ice cream, Vermont maple syrup. Taste is coconut chocolate candies up front and then moves to Kona coffee. Palate is a letdown though- sort of like seltzer water. I guess I’m spoiled by Cigar City’s coconut brown ales.