overall

RATINGS: 1320   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.68/5   IBU: 30   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Our Coconut Porter is a classic robust porter spiced with all natural toasted coconut. It is black in color and crowned with a creamy, dark tan head. It begins with a malty-toasted-coconut aroma followed by a rich, silky mouthfeel with tastes of dark malt, chocolate, and hints of coffee. It then finishes with flavors of toasted coconut and hoppy spice to balance the finish.

Icommonsewer (125) - TUCSON, Arizona, USA - SEP 15, 2009
Of all the beers in the world that I have tased, I have never before given one a perfect score. This brew has made me a believer... and IT’S FROM A CAN!?!? The most satisfying, balanced, rich and flavorful beer in the world (so far). Obviously, one should be a Porter fan to fully appreciate this brew. If you’re a Belgian or Lager fan, dont waste your time, this is not for you.

Bluegoosed (59) - - JUL 6, 2014
One of my favorite beer of all time. Really nice coffee, chocolate, and caramel flavors. Finishes with a somewhat sweet touch of coconut but not over the top sweetness. Really nice by can but tremendous by tap in Maui.

JMCtime (83) - Washington, USA - SEP 5, 2014
Dark and heavy with a very strong chocolate aroma. The coconut is very mild. Fantastic porter.

Canuckale (8) - Alabama, CANADA - OCT 29, 2010 does not count
Excellent aroma and awesome coconut flavor. I am not a huge porter fan, but this one is excellent. Lovin the beer in cans.....the way it should be.

HopsIPAndDrunk (43) - Oklahoma, USA - APR 27, 2011
Toasty malt aroma coupled with chocolate and coffee notes. Alcohol is also strongly picked up. Brown/Black in color.... much like the oil in my truck. Head is frothy and tan, settling fairly quickly after poured. Taste is a well-balanced bittersweet. As the glass empties, I pick up on the advertised coconut more and more. Proves to be medium-bodied porter with an oily texture. Carbonation is soft. The finish is where this brew really makes its money... The most unique finish I have ever experienced in a porter. Long and bitter with a peculiar "freshness" that is hard to describe. Might be the water they use to brew with over there in Hawaii... don’t know. Never been there. But I like it. This is a top-notch porter that I’ll probably want whenever I see it.

Poolieo (46) - Washington, USA - FEB 12, 2015
This is the perfect beer if you like fresh coconut flavors and coffee hints. The fact that it's in a can only makes it better. The only reason I gave the aroma a nine and not a ten is because fresh from the tap in Maui its a little stronger aroma. DRINK THIS BEER! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

alalvarez75 (57) - New York, USA - APR 26, 2012
Roasty and slightly sweet. Perfect carbonation and mouthfeel. Not much coconut there which is not an issue from me. Just enough to give it that tiny bit of sweetness. I really love this beer. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

eljefebrewing (7) - - AUG 4, 2013 does not count
This beer is so good on tap! Even though they have 16 taps available at Yeasty Beasty here in little ol’ Monmouth, I got stuck on this one for several visits in a row. I usually try to get something different each time, but this is too good, and I know it won’t last forever! I don’t pick up a lot of the toasted coconut in the aroma, but it does lend some nuttiness in the finish. What I do get is lots of chocolate/cocoa and vanilla flavor in a wonderfully creamy beer. It sort of reminds me of Nestlé Quik chocolate milk mix. Very delicious!