overall
RATINGS: 58   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.05/5   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
A “very sweet brook” welcomed the cold and thirsty Pilgrims to Plymouth. Today, it provides us with the soft water that is perfectly suited for brewing lighter-colored and milder beers. Mayflower Golden Ale is crisp and dry with a slight malt flavor and a subtle hop spice. This straw-colored ale provides easy drinkability for the novice yet plenty of flavor for the most discriminating connoisseur.

beerfest5 (1207) - Cloneen, IRELAND - JAN 2, 2012
Very easy to drink blonde ale, and usually not the best style for body and flavor, but this would be a good session ale if your drinking all day. On draft at the brewery, pours a cloudy yellow, large white head, hops and caramel malts in the aroma and flavor, easy to drink.

arvonetics (9) - Somerville, Massachusetts, USA - DEC 21, 2011 does not count
Is it just me, or have Mayflower’s caps become noticeably more resilient? Good carbonation, but a faint greasy head doesn’t last long. The aroma is mild, but nice, with the grain not far past. If this is an American Dortmunder style, I love it, if it isn’t, I still love it. This is a great, clean beer. Zero chill haze and a substantial malt presence for something so "lite". This is one of my frequent go-tos and is a beer I am proud to say is brewed in Massachusetts. Thank you Matt Steinberg for writing this recipe, Flying Dog Tire Bite has lost a customer to you sir. This is beer meant to to drunk in the more historical sense, no need to waft aromas all night. Chill one down and slug it after breaking a sweat.

mansquito (6902) - Nueva York, New York, USA - SEP 5, 2011
Blanchard’s, Allston sixpack ($10.69): Pours a pale golden color with a small white head. Aroma is of a little bit of bread, some straw, and a pleasant amount of hops. Basically, this beer is a refreshing and very crisp golden ale. Moderate amount of hop bitterness, and the hop character is actually pretty well done. Malt backbone is not the fattest thing in the world, but is sufficient for my palate. I thought it was good, though not extraordinary.

msante79 (2244) - Mount Prospect, Illinois, USA - MAY 9, 2011
12oz bottle. Pours hazy golden with gushing white head. Aromas of bready malts and some fruit. Flavors are much the same. Drinkable and enjoyable brew, but does not offer a great deal of complexity or flavor.

Sammy (12760) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - APR 9, 2011
Good drinkability though a malt story. Deep golden body with foaming offwhite head. The aromas are a little distracting. Good malts, with a mild hop finish, nicely carbonated. Refreshing on the first warm day of spring.Thanks Jay.

rjplumer (1181) - Foxboro, Massachusetts, USA - FEB 7, 2011
Has a nice golden color. Has a slightly bitter taste at first but finishes dry. I found it to be very refreshing and grew on me with every mouthful. I sense a hint of fruitiness but otherwise I found it be a well balanced brew. I’ll look for this one again in the future.

AndyAvalanche (32) - Massachusetts, USA - JAN 24, 2011
I was pretty exited to try this because I really like Mayflower’s IPA and Pale ale but it didn’t quite live up to the hype. I poured it into a glass and it does have a nice golden color, but it’s pretty average from that point on. It smells like any basic macro brew beer while having a very bland taste, almost kind of watered down. Probably would be pretty refreshing on a hot day to go with a light snack, but other than that I wouldn’t really recommend it. I’d stick with one of Mayflower’s other brews.

thicksuds (451) - Massachusetts, USA - OCT 28, 2010
Tasted almost the same as the pale ale to me, maybe a little on the lighter side but pretty similar overall. Well carbonated and refreshing, just nothing out of the ordinary. Solid.

hbmason (1086) - Shoreline, Washington, USA - SEP 3, 2010
12 oz. bottle. this one actually was very drinkable and refreshing. nice finish on the palate. yellow with medium head. full bodied,

j12601 (13099) - Poughkeepsie, New York, USA - JUN 30, 2010
Bottle leftover from camping up at Hill Farmstead. Pours a clear gold with a medium sized creamy white head. Soft hay, a bit of green apple and yeast over some candy sugar. Medium bodied, creamy, a bit of cream ale flavor and some off flavors as well. A bit bitter on the finish. Not bad, not great.