overall
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 13   MEAN: 3.28/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.2/5   IBU: 55   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
A true marriage of Belgian Wit Style and the NW IPA. This beer is light in color and in body. It has aromas of lemons, tangerines, and spices.

maekchu (4001) - Hirakata, JAPAN - MAY 1, 2017
On tap at the Hanshin Portland Fair. Light banana, yeasty and estery. Thin pale straw color. Very thin fruit, some citrus, some clove-like notes, and then an excess of bittering (for the style). Thin-medium body. Weak. It doesn’t really come together. Nothing really stands out

5000 (6862) - Hardened Liver, Washington, USA - OCT 2, 2016
Bottle:   Dirty straw, pale, moderate foamy white head, nice lacing.   Bready and straw notes on the nose, faint spices.   Slight caraway, a little citrus peel, some husky grainy notes too.   Moderate body and mouthfeel.   Finishes with a soft dry and a bit ashy bready note, with faint dull spices.   Meh... not bright enough.

BuckeyeBoy (8204) - Boise, Idaho, USA - AUG 22, 2016
On tap at bier thirty. Pours out a cloudy hazy pale straw color topped with a white head. Nose is spice notes citrus some sweetness and a fruit ester. Taste is more of the spice belg candy sweetness fruit ester and the citrus.

TimE (6005) - Tokyo, JAPAN - JUN 17, 2016
Light cloudy color. Frothy head. Very soapy with some oranges. Mouth is smooth and light but lack bitterness and unbalanced. Not very good or exciting.

lightbias (453) - USA - JUL 24, 2015
I’ve seen the bottles, but haven’t heard much about Mazama Brewing. I finally found some bottles on a birthday trip to the #bigcity and bought two styles.This Belgian Wit/IPA is a difficult combination to pull off as the two styles are, in my opinion, so contradictory. I guess we’ll see. -- The pour is a very lively, lemonade hue with an enthusiastic head, but wet and thin. The linen white foam is insignificant in a few minutes, but clings in haphazard patches above the surface, sinking slowly back into the beer as I watch. -- The aroma is odd. I can’t tell if I am enjoying it or not. It’s just there. And odd. Lemon-ish, peppery spice, fighting to the death with another, more subtle citrus note underneath. The ’Belgian’ is destroyed. There is only a mutant version of the normally bright and effervescent aroma; it’s morphed into something musky and warm. -- I sip at it, pull the beer in between pursed lips, drawing hard to flood my mouth with flavor and taste. The aroma is so strong now, accentuating the flavor as I drink, and with a warmer brew, the flavor is popping! I don’t like the aroma. I’ve decided. I DO like the beer as I’m drinking it. The palate isn’t bad either, a bit dry, edgy, tightening my tongue; but the finish could use some help. The afterward is dry and there is an unpleasant, "drank too much last night, my head is pounding, gawddamnit, where’s my toothbrush" thing happening and I don’t like it. I normally find a witbier refreshing and this is not refreshing. I have a feeling it will be sticking with me for a while and I’m not necessarily happy about that. If the flavor of the quaff matched the finish...I would feel much differently. -- My opinion? Neither style is represented here and this isn’t the prettiest baby.

KyotoLefty (10538) - Kyoto, JAPAN - JUN 19, 2015
Tap at Dig. Funky, spicy nose, Belgian yeast, grapefruit, creamy, honey. Pale gold, hazy, with lace. Spicy, fruity flavor, estery and bitter. Somewhat plebian. I have yet to be impressed by a Mazama beer.

Salmoniform (1272) - Sweet Home, Oregon, USA - MAR 12, 2015
Poured from bottle to glass. Straw hue with creamy white head that lingered. Aroma is straw, peppercorn, lemon, earthy. Mouthfeel is refreshing with a medium light body and crisp carbonation. Taste is dry with a peppercorn following and slight estery finish. Overall this is a decent brew.

IndianaRed (4875) - Boise, Idaho, USA - OCT 24, 2014
On Tap at Bier:Thirty, Boise Hazy light pale yellow with a full fluffy white head. Light sharp and kind of a musty hop bitterness. Dry and lifely. More dusty/musty flavors at the bitter trailer.

bhensonb (15515) - Woodland, California, USA - JUL 26, 2014
Bomber from Brewforia. Two white things blended. Why not? Pours light gold with a white head. Citrus nose with spice hints. Med body. Flavor is citrus, maybe a little clove and some yeasty aspect. Quite citrus fruity, but quite bitter, or at least very far from sweet. Seems to be lots of hops. Tingles on the tongue.

stevoj (5369) - Boise, Idaho, USA - JUN 11, 2014
Nice light bodied beer, normal wit characteristics offset by some NW hop bitterness. Pale golden with small airy head. Lots of wheat/grain aroma and flavor, hops kick in at the finish. Good summer refresher.