RATINGS: 1   MEAN: 3.5/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.86/5   ABV: -
Big warm beer full of rich roast, toffee and chocolate notes- but thatís not all- coffee, vanilla, and black peppercorn- these all blend beautifully with your Russian Imperial to get you across your ocean journies.

Most RecentTicked By

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Syzzer (644) - Oregon, USA - JUL 8, 2012
I had this at the Oregon Garden Brewfest on tap- Brewed at the Thompson Public House in Salem. I have noticed others having this at various McMenamins restaurants and categorizing it as an Oatmeal Stout. There is no indication of ABV or IBU (nor use of Oatmeal) on the descriptor from the pamphlet but they do offer the commercial description which I added. A taster friend of mine who I was with gave this Stout a 9.7/10. I think it is pretty good, but a bit syrupy. We didnít detect the peppercorns, but there is a rich/heavy malt flavor. It is Black in color with a brown head.