overall
n/a
RATINGS: 119   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.14/5   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Meister Brau is the quality full-calorie budget beer from Miller Brewing Company brewed for the cost-conscious consumer.

biggmike (482) - Hattiesburg, Mississippi, USA - JUL 15, 2007
I had this stuff a while ago and it sucked then and that was before I developed a palate for good beer. Heionous.

pojo41 (315) - Hattiesburg, Mississippi, USA - JUL 3, 2007
This stuff was pretty vile; even by Miller’s standards. Worse than almost everything. At least they had the good sense to put it out of it’s misery.

1.3
Skyview (6099) - Papoose Jct, Minnesota, USA - MAY 27, 2007
Yikes! I didn’t know I still had a 12-oz can of this in my cellar. An old Peter Hand/Meister Brau brand that was kept alive by Miller for about 20 years and breathed its last breath. Pours a near water pale golden hue brew with no head. Aroma is almost nothing. Maybe a touch of corn and grassy hops. Taste is nearly water, lots of carbonation and then an acidic aftertaste. RIP Meister Brau, RIP!

FoSheezee (1) - Denver, Colorado, USA - APR 6, 2007 does not count
UPDATED: JUN 17, 2008 Ugghhh. Man, does this bring back some repressed memories. Growing up in Wisconsin, I’ve had plenty of run-ins with "MonsterChow." This dog excretia was ubiquitous at basement house-parties in college, served warm and in a recycled solo-cup. Along with its evil-twin "The Beast," this dynamic duo tore-up many a freshman liver on more than one occasion. Smelling like a decroted swamp-log and with all the palatable satisfaction of guzzling barf from a rusty tin can, on a hot July day in Death Valley, this beer eagerly spreads her legs wide, not unlike your mom, for anyone with 3 bucks who’s brave enough to "go down". What goes down is almost equally as quick to come back up. The Master Brew easily ranks in the top 3 of the worst beers I have ever had the displeasure of imbibing. If the Marquis de Sade was to open a tap-house in hell this would be his beer of choice. When you see this beer, run... run as if death itself (or Rosie O’D) were bearing down upon you to snatch your mortal soul.

0.6
MadIndian (2743) - Levittown, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 26, 2007
UPDATED: MAR 2, 2007 Oh my god. This may be the worst thing I have ever had. Thank god my neighbors drink cheap ass beer so I don’t have to actually pay for garbage like this.

HR (1) - USA - JAN 22, 2007 does not count
Horror of Horrors the day I went into a package store to stock the fridge, went looking for the old budget standby, and found the brand had been retired. I damn near cried. I have a habit of picking up a bunch of microbrews, and then capping it off with a few sixpacks of Budget Brew. My choice was always Master Brew...or was that Mister Beer? Who knows..its sultry white painted can drew me in. Its in a can that isn’t colored silver, its gotta be a superior product. All I know is that of all the cheap hobo-quality beers out there, Meister Brau had a unique taste that I actually enjoyed. Golden Anniversary and Narraganset make me choke, Pabst Blue Ribbon actually tastes like vomit going *down*, and the rest all wind up tasting like diluted animal urine. Meister Brau to me tasted like beer, just on a budget. It had a creamy sort of pallette, like a Miller High Life...but with some skunky bitterness that isn’t present in most dishwater brews in the budget cooler. Meister Brau, I salute U.

sisyphus12 (99) - Belmont, Massachusetts, USA - AUG 8, 2006
UPDATED: AUG 17, 2006 I have to give a posthumorous ode to the king of bad beers. I will only skunk one beer with the Scarlet Letter of ratings...but this one deserves it. I t was cheap but jesus it was bad.

BONESAW (1) - USA - JUL 18, 2006 does not count
The worst beer I have every tried. When I as 21 I went to Panama City FL with my brother and his friends ( about 17-18 yrs old.) to party it up. We got this beer for $1.69 a six pack. We could drink anything back then, and in unlimmited amounts, but none of us could finish even a half a can of one of these. The taste was a painful, burning sour, bitter flavor. I would say it tasted like I imagine a soup of roof shingles, tar, and battery acid would taste if mixed with spoiled milk. Eddie from Christmas vacation drank it, so that should tell you something as well...

hammsolypabst (12) - Redding, California, USA - MAY 26, 2006
UPDATED: MAY 20, 2010 I drank a ton Meister Brau as a teenager, the 7-11 down the street from my parents house had Meister Brau 12 packs stacked to the ceiling in the middle of the store, selling it piss warm for super cheap. We would find a buyer to get us a 12pack or two and we would take them out to Shasta Lake and drink them piss hot as none of us were ever smart enough to bring an ice chest along with us. Meister Brau tasted horrible which is one of the reasons I loved it. I am very proud to own a very old 40oz Meister Brau which is one of the rarest 40s if you collect them as I do. RIP Meister Brau im glad to have danced with you many times.

Handy335 (5) - Porterville, California, USA - MAY 2, 2006 does not count
I loved this beer! Keystone is unpalatable by comparison. I was deeply disappointed when, after a national ad campaign, the beer was pulled/retired. I would buy it again in a heartbeat.