overall
n/a
RATINGS: 119   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.14/5   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Meister Brau is the quality full-calorie budget beer from Miller Brewing Company brewed for the cost-conscious consumer.

1.2
Supaflyfresh99 (97) - E.Williston, New York, USA - NOV 30, 2002
I didn't thinkt this was so bad. Of course, I haven't had it since I was 15.

KingPinHead (390) - Des Moines, Washington, USA - SEP 22, 2002
The adjuncts used in this beer are particularly noticeable, even though it is quite light and watery overall, I guess because there are almost no hops employed in this stuff either...Carbonation provides most of the bite. Even at the budget price, not much to recommend here...One of the worst of even the budget macros.

tgaugler99 (1) - USA - SEP 20, 2002 does not count
THIS is the beer to have when you're having more than one...I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!

smolkinsquid (13) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - AUG 20, 2002
I drank tons of it in the mid to late 80's. At $1.27 a six pack, I'll take 4 please. Yes, people say that it's a frat beer. If I remember, when your in college, it's quantity, not quality. Miller knew exactly what they were doing with this one.

Ringo (963) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - AUG 12, 2002
Does this mean 'Mister Brew' in German? Used to be my favorite cheap beer, for when I was being a 'cost-conscious customer.' I honestly don't see much difference between drinking this or any other American macro. From master brewers?

morebier4me (140) - New York, USA - JUL 23, 2002
Don't even bother ..................................................

0.9
olympian (107) - USA - JUN 20, 2002
At last! Someone has made a beer specially aimed at the hobo market! But seriously, folks - this is crap, but it's much different than the 'Meister Brau' of the 1960's. That wasn't great, but it was better than this liquified paper towel.

1.1
muzzlehatch (4969) - Beloit, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 17, 2002
Seems a little better than the typical Miller product at first; a little fuller and sweeter. Then you realize its all corn and corn syrup you're tasting, and you're done. My Dad's 'favorite' for a while; meaning the cheapest thing you could buy by the case. Whatever happened to 'Red White and Blue' by the way?

0.9
mattduling (64) - Fairmont, West Virginia, USA - JUN 12, 2002
Just plain not good. These people should apologize to Germany for marketing this trash.

0.8
Ernest (7824) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - JUN 10, 2002
Head is initially small, frothy, white, fully diminishing. Body is clear light yellow. Aroma is trace malt (grain), hint of solvent. Flavor is moderately sweet. Finish is lightly sweet, lightly bitter. Light body, watery texture, fizzy carbonation. An insult to Germans everywhere.