overall
n/a
RATINGS: 119   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.14/5   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Meister Brau is the quality full-calorie budget beer from Miller Brewing Company brewed for the cost-conscious consumer.

0.9
jtclockwork (17446) - , New Jersey, USA - SEP 26, 2012
UPDATED: SEP 30, 2012 Can from back in the day. Pours clear gold. Nose/taste of offensive corn and tin metal. Some dusty grain. Light body. Bad.

0.7
shrubber85 (11666) - Greenville, Indiana, USA - JUN 10, 2004
Do they still make this crap? Even when I was poor I couldn’t stomach this stuff and I could choke down just about anything if it had alcohol in it. In fact, alcohol content is the only reason this got any rating above a 1. However I really don’t see anyone logging on to RateBeer and saying "Let’s see what people say about Meister Brau - I’ve always wanted to try that beer but could never afford it."

DocLock (11110) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 5, 2004
As terrible as most other Miller offerings. The phony German name isn't fooling anyone, either.

0.8
Ernest (7862) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - JUN 10, 2002
Head is initially small, frothy, white, fully diminishing. Body is clear light yellow. Aroma is trace malt (grain), hint of solvent. Flavor is moderately sweet. Finish is lightly sweet, lightly bitter. Light body, watery texture, fizzy carbonation. An insult to Germans everywhere.

1.3
Skyview (6099) - Papoose Jct, Minnesota, USA - MAY 27, 2007
Yikes! I didn’t know I still had a 12-oz can of this in my cellar. An old Peter Hand/Meister Brau brand that was kept alive by Miller for about 20 years and breathed its last breath. Pours a near water pale golden hue brew with no head. Aroma is almost nothing. Maybe a touch of corn and grassy hops. Taste is nearly water, lots of carbonation and then an acidic aftertaste. RIP Meister Brau, RIP!

0.7
Cornfield (5569) - Oak Forest, Illinois, USA - SEP 20, 2004
This used to be in every tavern in the southside of Chicago. Why, I don’t know. Drank it illegally back then ’cause I knew places I could get away with it. Piss-water.

oldrtybastrd (5228) - Fort Walton Beach, Florida, USA - DEC 28, 2005
Pours a little darker than most american lagers. Aromas of corn, hops, and you know the rest. Flavor is a little more pronounced in this lager, a little more bitter.

kidmartinek (5007) - austin, Texas, USA - JUL 13, 2008
Bought at HEB in Port Isabel Tx. $8 and some change for a case. Drank 22 miles off shore while deep sea fishing. Light clear yellow in color, almost clear, with just a tinge of color. Aroma was the beer of good times. Oh thank God for corn turned into beer, right? wrong! Very hoppy and watery flavor. Strongly carbonated finish. Ditto with muzzlehatch’s "My Dad’s "favorite" for a while; meaning the cheapest thing you could buy by the case."

1.1
muzzlehatch (4969) - Beloit, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 17, 2002
Seems a little better than the typical Miller product at first; a little fuller and sweeter. Then you realize its all corn and corn syrup you're tasting, and you're done. My Dad's 'favorite' for a while; meaning the cheapest thing you could buy by the case. Whatever happened to 'Red White and Blue' by the way?