RATINGS: 856   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.2/5   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
Eye of the Hawk is an excellent, strong, rich bodied ale that is "Bottle Conditioned" to perfection. "Eye" is coppery reddish-amber in color and its unique taste is the result of a judicious mix of caramel and pale malted barley, balanced with Cluster, Cascade and Saaz hops. This gives the Eye its luxurious flavor, substantial mouth-feel and that slightly dry finish.

GDSlimSlam99 (3) - California, USA - JUN 12, 2001 does not count
This is one of my favorites. Strong, strong beer without the strong, strong sting. Mendicino made a masterpiece with this brew. I strongly suggest you give it a shot.

toddroberts44 (1) - Rocklin, California, USA - FEB 17, 2005 does not count
love it, I drink this stuff until I hurl. This is the best beer in the whole world.

robjohns71 (16) - PLEASANT HILL, California, USA - APR 14, 2012
GREAT STRONG BEER NOT BETTER NOT FILLING JUST WRITE GOOD AS WHITE HAWK IPA YOU CAN BUY IT BEVMO WALNUT CREEK CA I GIVE IT 5 STARS

beerman08 (17) - USA - DEC 11, 2003
I admit I'm a youngster compared to everyone else here. I told myself a sixer of this would be like a twelver of Busch. Not cool on my part. I neglected the fact that it would fill me up much more than Busch and I definately drank it much faster. In the end I ended up wicked fuck up. But anyways, enough of me reminising about my youth, if had drank this like I should have it would have had a much more enjoyable experience.

Drinker33 (1) - - NOV 23, 2013 does not count
Love Eye of the Hawk! The amber color is right in tune with the season. Tastes slightly sweet. Great finish also.

JonMoore (2067) - Loughborough, Leicestershire, ENGLAND - APR 25, 2005
Pale amber coloured with frothy white head. Nice hoppy, sweet (honey) aroma. very nice hoppy but well balanced taste. Lovely mouthfeel, full bodiedl. Tasty, dry finish. A very drinkable 8%er (well hid alcohol). Excellent.

TheBeerBaron (261) - Florida, USA - DEC 2, 2006
Bottle. Nice pour, medium but long lasting head. A honey and hoppy aroma that suggests lots of flavor to come. Lively on the palette, a mature livation that admirably covers its intense alcohol level. Expertly hopped to give a somewhat clean finish, considering all the flavor thats included. Like drinking a beer from the medieval era. American Classic. Excellent!!!

Cybercat (5894) - Georgia, USA - JUL 1, 2007
Aroma is strong and very malty, inviting a taste. Pours a dark amber-brown with a thick, light tan head. Flavor is strong and rich, very malty but with some hoppiness and bitterness, a bit of a smoky hint. It leaves a tingle on the tongue and just a little bitterness. Definitely a superior ale.

ronaldtheriot (1953) - Laplace, Louisiana, USA - JUL 18, 2014
Mendocino Eye of the Hawk has a thin, cream-colored head, a murky, copper appearance, strong bubble streams, and very little lacing left behind. The aroma is of pungent, rich, sweet, spiced bread, and dark bread crust. Taste is of sugar, caramel, dark bread crust, light fruits (dates or figs), some bitterness, and noticeable alcohol. Mouthfeel is medium to heavy, and Mendocino Eye of the Hawk finishes wet, sweet, and heavy. RJT

davidm (2080) - Sunnyvale, California, USA - DEC 27, 2014
nice. Balanced. It’s, hoppy and malty, with spicy notes. Long lasting flavour.