RATINGS: 889   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.05/5   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Red Tail Ale - The Legend is our flagship brand. It is brewed in the traditional "old world" manner, using premium two-row malted barley, hops and our own special proprietary yeast strain. It is an amber ale with a rich complex refreshing flavor and a crisp dry finish. Red Tail Ale is "Bottle Conditioned." Like good wine, Red Tail Ale is a perfect complement to fine dining.

Mendonorcal99 (2) - Ukiah, California, USA - OCT 6, 2002 does not count
RED TAIL ALE IS THE BEST BEER!! I live in Ukiah where the beer is brewed and i drink it every weekend and it never gets old. NOR_CAL MENDO_COUNTY 420

cbird1057 (3) - - OCT 21, 2011 does not count
I have totally enjoyed this ale for a long time. Maybe it’s a NorCal thing, but this is the one I enjoy after all those nasty "craft ales". Just a simple hobbit ale, nothing more, nothing less. And it tastes so much like the wort!

torquemada99 (2) - USA - JAN 22, 2002 does not count
To understand my bias, be aware that this is my favorite American Amber Ale. It balances malt and hops beautifully, has a very fruity bouquet and is very smooth.

billteeth (3) - USA - MAY 3, 2008 does not count
One of my all time favorites. If you like Heiniken, but want to get into a darker beer. This is the one.

leah2974 (453) - Georgia, USA - MAR 20, 2012
Bottle at Thinking Man in Decatur, GA. Amber with little head. Not much upfront. Absolutely delicious aftertaste. Spicy, citrus, bright. Heady, malty aroma.

argo0 (14127) - Washington DC, USA - FEB 7, 2002
I keep coming back to this one. It's got the hops, but it's also smooth and well-rounded.

vitriolix (12) - USA - APR 28, 2008
Love this beer. Fruity, nice bitterness level, great mouthfeel. A nearly perfect Ale.

Raytailgater (105) - Rockledge, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 16, 2002
Stumbled onto this beer first in South Carolina. Good beer. Great label.....

rich42 (128) - USA - JUN 13, 2002
very spicy hopping, medium bodied, dry finish. malt is in the background. more hoppy than most ambers - almost like they spilled just a little IPA in the batch... a rich beer that's still quite refreshing. summertime favorite - quite good.

kissanem (1) - New York, USA - NOV 29, 2013 does not count
Very nice beer. Good flavor and aroma. Also a good value. A California beer but has a brewery in Saratoga Springs, NY which is a nice plus for me.