RATINGS: 956   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.2/5   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
White Hawk is a traditional IPA .The IPA recipe is based on the original 1880 brew that was sent to India for the British troops.The advent of India Pale Ale was born of a need to supply beer in the 1800’s to British troops in India. This hearty, heavily hopped ale was brewed to endure the rigors of the long voyage from Great Britain.

White Hawk Original IPA was launched in California in early 2002 to meet the demand for a unique India Pale Ale. Consumer response for White Hawk IPA exceeded expectations and it is fast gaining a loyal following both in 6 pack and on draft.

TylerPow (122) - Washington, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 28, 2010
Pours nice cloudy amber color and smells great. Not alot of citrus notes here. Tastes a little grassy with alot of carbonation. Dry finish and a very very bitter aftertaste. This beer starts crisp and clean but the bitterness at the end is a little overwhelming, even for someone who likes the hops.

GoldenSpunky (120) - Rochester, New York, USA - JAN 17, 2005
The aroma of this beer in the bottle smells of nice hoppy IPA style beer, but when i poured this into the glass the aroma changed into a seaweed/dead fish type smell. I was almost afraid to taste this beer but I was pleasantly surprised by the crisp flavor. Nice amber color and tastes like your everyday decent IPA. You get what you pay for.

HopDevil1979 (117) - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA - MAY 6, 2006
I know smooth and mellow are beer cliches, but this beer really has those qualities, not an in your face IPA, but an IPA in candy coating. Good stuff.

Bolt (117) - Boulder Creek, California, USA - JUL 12, 2002
Excellent Beer! I had to make a detour and check out Hopland, and I’m glad I did! This is a very flavorful IPA and tastes just as wonderful as all their other ales, but with more complex hoppy characteristics. Cant wait for it to come out in bottle or tap in other places other than their brewery.

Duke (117) - New York, USA - MAR 21, 2004
Big big foamy white head. Very floral hoppy aroma. Would be better with some more malt balance.

bochi23 (116) - Virginia, USA - APR 10, 2007
i’m an ipa fan so when i saw this beer and realized i had not tried it yet, i grabbed a six. aroma is hoppy, to say the least, slightly citrus (grapefruit?). Copper color looks appealing. this is a medium bitter, not too bad but not great. medium body with loads of fizz. finishes bitter that lingers for a while. decent but I won’t likely be recommending it to any friends... unless they are just curious.

drawde (115) - San Francisco, California, USA - JAN 22, 2008
Why do I have a bias against Mendo brewing? Is it because when I grew up, knowing nothing about beer, the only mendo I’d see and drink was Red Tail Ale, and I hated it? But Red Tail is an amber ale, and I’ve learned that I just don’t dig that style yet, so I can’t blame Mendo. That said, I’m pleasantly suprised with this one. Nice balance of apricot and a little grapefruit. Not for those of us looking to burn off our tounge (and sometimes that’s me), but this is a good, solid, well-balanced IPA.

HopsformyHips (113) - Memphis, Tennessee, USA - SEP 27, 2004
Enormous White head! Clear golden orange pour. This one is a good intro to the IPAs...not wildly hopped yet well balanced.

kfarrnd (113) - Oldsmar, Florida, USA - JUL 7, 2006
12 oz. bottle. Pours out a cloudy amber with a thin off white head. Aroma is mostly grapefruit and hops. Flavor is medium pine and hops with a fairly decent malt backbone. Slightly thin on the palate, but complex enough to merit a better than average rating. A middle of the road IPA.

LeftCoastRider (110) - , Washington, USA - AUG 24, 2012
Nose of caramel, lovely clear golden-orange color. Aromas of spruce and citrus. Not overly agressive, but hops-forward. With medium sweetness, medium body, and distinctive hps, this is a nice IPA.