RATINGS: 975   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.2/5   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
White Hawk is a traditional IPA .The IPA recipe is based on the original 1880 brew that was sent to India for the British troops.The advent of India Pale Ale was born of a need to supply beer in the 1800ís to British troops in India. This hearty, heavily hopped ale was brewed to endure the rigors of the long voyage from Great Britain.

White Hawk Original IPA was launched in California in early 2002 to meet the demand for a unique India Pale Ale. Consumer response for White Hawk IPA exceeded expectations and it is fast gaining a loyal following both in 6 pack and on draft.

brocker (99) - Salina, Utah, USA - APR 7, 2005
Iím not an I.P.A. fan, so I have no real valid critcism. I wil, however, give you my opinion of this beer. Not too bad. Flowery, and bitter, but not overbearing like a lot of other I.P.A.ís. A little sweeter as well.

robpet (98) - Stone Mountain, Georgia, USA - APR 30, 2005
Fragrant floral aroma and nice pour. Heavy bitter, but was the source hops or alcohol? Lightly malty

jeffhobo (94) - Nevada, USA - MAR 22, 2012
Slightly oranged yellow color with a finger of head. The smell is of citrus, hops and malt, but you can also detect some metallic aroma. The taste gives you strong hit of both hops and caramelized malt. Ok drinkability.

JohnnyZ (90) - Illinois, USA - JAN 12, 2007
Not bad. Pours cloudy amber, sea foam head. Good lacing. Light mouthfeel, smooth hop bitterness because of the malty imbalance. No way to tell how fresh the bottle is so maybe it was towards end of shelf life. Otherwise I would compare it to the Sam Smith IPA.

phobos1031 (87) - Paradise, Nevada, USA - DEC 20, 2010
12 oz bottle. deep copper amber color medium opaque. nice aroma of citrus and caramel. nice balance of hops and malt. not too overdone in either direction. butterscotch vanilla citrus hop palate, with nice bitter drop off. not a huge fan of IPA, but really like this one.

jobrewmeister (81) - - APR 5, 2012
Pours a golden color with a small white head. Aroma is subdued, but can smell pine, citrus, and some floral notes. Taste caramel along with mild citrus and pine hoppy bitterness. Medium to light bodied.

lipscomb216 (80) - USA - SEP 9, 2007
Has that same nasty twangy metallic copper aftertaste that the Red Tail does. Blech. I love beer and will even drink a Bud if the moon hits it right, but this crap had me struggling through bottle #3. Iíll stick to my homebrew.

Diego (79) - San Diego, California, USA - SEP 3, 2002
EXCELLENT BEER. NICE MUSTY ALE NOSE TO IT AND A GORGEOUS TAN BOUQUET MAKES THIS A RATHER ATTRACTIVE BEER TO STARE AT. FLAVOR IS THE REAL PRIZE. WHITE HAWK IS PROBABLY (AND I HAVENíT CHECKED MY RATING LIST YET BUT) THE BEST IPA IíVE TASTED THUS FAR. REALLY NICE AND HOPPY, BITTER IF YOU WILL. A PERFECT SUMMER BEER AND DEFINITLY WORTH THE PRICE. OVERALL YOU CANíT LOSE IF YOUíRE A HOPHEAD.

Steinface (77) - Hatfield, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 2, 2008
I think my problem is that I always love the smell of an IPA, but usually not the taste. Not the best I’ve had, but not bad.

hbchrist (76) - North Carolina, USA - JUL 26, 2012
I thought it was a decent session beer. The hops were sharper than I remember in the Red Hawk, but it didnt overwhelm my senses.