overall
RATINGS: 1350   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.43/5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
A specialty beer with a rich, roasted taste.

daalamar (405) - new albany, Indiana, USA - JUL 13, 2002
I like this beer. Pours good and dark with a small head. Nice roasted smokey aroma. Taste is mellow with aparent maltiness. An eaisly drinkable beer that is readily available and won't break the wallet.

Andrew196 (1991) - Katy, Texas, USA - JUL 12, 2002
Yeah, this is one of the better macro products. I almost thought it was more bock like than Shiner or Saxer claims to be. It was too damn sweet though, the adjuct-rice malt really came out....the best thing on tap at a lot of restaurants....ick!

amx1970390 (480) - Southampton, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 7, 2002
UPDATED: DEC 1, 2003 Middle of the road american beer with a fancy name. No its not a true bock, no it does not taste like a bock, Yes it is better than Bud. Rerate 12/04. Aroma is slightly reminicent of dog pee on a couch. Not as good? or should I say "average" as I remember. Very poor.

anticop (79) - Porterville, California, USA - JUL 3, 2002
I like this beer my friend bought three kegs of it for his 21st birthday party, I stayed up all night drinking it, everyone one was fucked up, I like to see that. i really like this beer

jcalbi (380) - Medford, New Jersey, USA - JUL 3, 2002
Had to have it at least once. Nothing memorable, but it did have a thick creamy tan head and some body. Hops you ask? I don't think so.

stoutosaurus (157) - Clinton, Mississippi, USA - JUN 29, 2002
It's okay, but I will only drink it when something better isn't available. It's a ticket for people who don't know anything about beer to say they are drinking a dark beer. Definitely not a bock.

Dragonblaze99 (353) - Greater London, ENGLAND - JUN 27, 2002
Sweet deep aroma. Opens pretty aromatic, but watery. The middle is slighly roasty, finishes rather weak with slightly bitter aftertaste. It's an okay beer, but it's nowhere near a bock.

SJP (483) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 26, 2002
Kind if a pathetic attempt at a Bock beer. To watery, very mild flavor, but it does look really nice. Good dark brown color that leads one to think it'll at least have a lot of flavor, but really it doesn't.

ENTROPY (141) - Terra Bella, California, USA - JUN 22, 2002
smooth, great, the bock...2112.......................................

bigal9699 (152) - Orange County, California, USA - JUN 16, 2002
Hmmm - what can I say - they tried, they failed. Very thin palate and flavors. Its not bad for a macro - but there are so many nicer quality bocks available at just a tad more of a price. Want a nice affordable bock - try Salvator.