overall
RATINGS: 1344   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.42/5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
A specialty beer with a rich, roasted taste.

BigSkyman007 (202) - USA - MAR 18, 2002
I have never had bock before this beer, I really don’t have much to judge it against, but I think it is the best of the Anheuser Busch beers. Nice husky flavor, very nice dark amber color, probably the only ’sipping’ beer I’ve had out of the American macrobrewery offerings.

NJBeerman013 (1054) - Hamilton Twp., New Jersey, USA - MAR 16, 2002
Dark amber color, creamy head, light and smooth flavor. Nice, easy drinking beer.

Drinkingdan (375) - East Norriton, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 16, 2002
All I have to say is that for a Bock beer it is not very good. But for just a dark Lager it is good. It has a nice dark color, a little light on the flavor side but by far A-B best product.

muzzlehatch (4963) - Beloit, Wisconsin, USA - MAR 14, 2002
Bottled, ’born on’ Feb 22 (thank God its fresh, huh). Appearance dark, translucent, very clear and filtered-looking. Aroma somewhat sweet and malty; a surprising amount of caramel malt for a product such as this. Flavor is...not bad exactly, in the same way that Al Gore looks ’not bad’ in comparison with the yokel occupying 1600 at the moment; rather pretentious and full of itself for actually having flavor, though the flavor actually seems to be that of Tootsie rolls dissolved in tepid water with a few grains of rice and corn. Compared to other A-B products, oh who gives a shit its bad anyway.

StevieMSU (64) - Kentucky, USA - MAR 7, 2002
This beer done nothing for me, it has very little tatse, but I mean hey what do you expect from Anheuser Busch...

heykevin (1281) - Decorah, Iowa, USA - MAR 4, 2002
Not horrible. There is a decent malt flavor. This is not to be confused with a decent maltiness, because the texture is way too thin to describe it that way. Better than the major products from the big guys, but in no way would I describe it as ’flavorful’ or anything of the like.

Cutlass (51) - Galloway, Ohio, USA - MAR 2, 2002
not as thick as you’d expect from a dark beer, but its smooth. a good winter beer.

pastout (27) - Windber, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 1, 2002
I had this on tap. Not a bad beer for A-B. Nice color and a decent aftertaste.

hankfrank99 (13) - USA - MAR 1, 2002
good stuff. best i’ve had out of amheuser busch. nice and grainy, no gag aftertaste.

Aggie80 (818) - Michigan, USA - MAR 1, 2002
Certainly better than most mass produced beers, this is any easy to find solid performer that my wife knows is a safe choice when trying to find something for me!