overall
Formerly brewed at Anheuser-Busch InBev
Style: Porter
St. Louis, Missouri USA

RATINGS: 166   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.54/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
A combination of a porter (dark ale) and lager, this brand was introduced in early 1998. Chocolate, caramel and pale malts produce a rich, roasted flavor with a slight coffee note and a light, clean finish.

stegosaurus (1882) - Levittown, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 29, 2005
pours dark, notmuch for smell, body is thin and watery, it reminds me more of a brown ale rather than a porter. it is drinkable, but id never buy it again.

LioNiNoiL (8) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - JUN 26, 2005 does not count
good dark colour, thin-bodied for a Porter, faint aroma; roasted malt taste, clean bitter finish.

KAggie97 (3529) - Ugly, Hot, and Humid Spring, Texas, USA - MAY 7, 2005
This is a black-and-tan like Slayer is a bluegrass band. This beer is confused- it doesn’t know what it wants to be. Sweet? Hoppy? This is high-priced ditch water.

donrajin (233) - Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina, USA - MAY 2, 2005
Not the worst black and tan I’ve ever had but far from the best. When you want a b & t make your own.

0.7
dragonlocks (15) - Kailua, Hawaii, USA - MAR 10, 2005
I thought "black and tan in a bottle?" It struck my curiosity, boy was I disappointed. To everyone out there that hasn’t tried it save your money. You can’t bottle a black and tan, it’s a work of art not a marketing scheme.

Lou18 (1353) - West Paterson, New Jersey, USA - JAN 22, 2005
This was ok, came from a sampler. Watery and light on taste. Not something I wuld go after.

Trappist (286) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - AUG 4, 2004
Better than the other Michelob’s that I had tasted up to this point. Yuengling still has this beat but for a black and tan it is quite drinkable, with a mello flavor and dark coloraton.

REDDOGICE (243) - nantucket, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 6, 2004
UPDATED: JUL 3, 2005 Poor excuse for a Black and Tan. No head. Poor color. it isnt even mixed.

Ringo (963) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - JUN 20, 2004
Black and Tan. How can a beer in a bottle be a black and tan? It looks all to be one color. Therefore it is getting a "1" for appearance, for lying. I wouldn’t even bother to rate it but I am cleaning up my A-B ratings, and maybe I can steer someone away from this fallacious brew.

mohawksin (187) - Nebraska, USA - JUN 20, 2004
Good tasting Michelob, but not their best. I would rate this as a lower end black & tan. Still a good beer, but if you expect a good b&t don’t get this.