overall
RATINGS: 99   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.06/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Obtains its color from roasted malt, which also adds to its unique flavor.

Ron (3957) - Rochester, New York, USA - JAN 27, 2002
It’s been a long time since. It was interesting, but not enough to buy again.

unixweb (237) - Sherman, Texas, USA - JAN 22, 2002
Ok compared to other AB products this has always been one of my ’favorites’, relatively speaking. Not much malt taste but not quite as much typical Bud tastes either. A little corny and bitter though, if you ask me. Could have been worse, but it sure could have been better too.

lagerman99 (66) - USA - DEC 6, 2001
Yeah, so I’m a sucker for the macro attempts to make dark brews. This one is all about color, which is nice, but doesn’t actually front much decent malt flavor.

1.1
Balthazar (86) - Clinton, Massachusetts, USA - NOV 22, 2001
This is the best beer Michelob makes. I guess they just got lucky. It’s best on tap.

IL IPA Lover99 (69) - Monroe City, Missouri, USA - NOV 12, 2001
Bettern than average for AB, but not very good attempt at a darker beer.

Beer Guy99 (251) - Maineville, Ohio, USA - NOV 5, 2001
One of my first ’dark’ beers. I remember when I liked this beer. It does have some roasted malt flavor and isn’t bad for a starter beer but the last time I had it I was struck by its lack of flavor compared to its appearance. For the price, I’d go with Huber Bock or Augsburger Dark. This could be so much more than it is.

Cam501 (58) - Asheville, North Carolina, USA - OCT 6, 2001
doesnt taste that much different from the typical anheuser busch line but decent

21iceman40 (1735) - Grafton, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 31, 2001
This stuff was not very good at all. Too bitter. Makes an overstatement and that is that it is not a good beer.

K-V-F-L (292) - LaVista, Nebraska, USA - AUG 18, 2001
If it were not for the clear dark color, I’d think I was drinking a light beer. Slightly roasted, slightly thickish, but there is still too much corn in this to really make it worthwhile. Makes Killian’s Red taste like the pinnacle of complexity. Lots of better choices.

spamalope99 (27) - USA - AUG 18, 2001
Okay - for a mud bud company - this is really good. However, ensure you have plenty of toliet paper and privacy the day after as this beer will turn you inside out.