overall
Serve in Shaker, Weizen

RATINGS: 108   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.27/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%

Reid (2541) - Salem, Oregon, USA - OCT 14, 2003
A pretty nice beer to look at, a nice hazy orange small solid white head..that hangs around. The aroma is ok..fresh and pleasant. Taste is pleasant enough..in no way similar to a real hefe..but not bad. This is my favourite beer from A-B

khayman70 (153) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - OCT 8, 2003
Very thin, no complex flavor. I was hoping for alot more. The smell was like stale bread and just wasn't very satisfying. I still prefer it to the Ultra though.

SubstanceT (1092) - Saint Louis, Missouri, USA - SEP 24, 2003
This stuff was on sale for 2.99 a six pack. I wasnt expecting much but I was still kind of dissapointed. Dirty brown colour with a thin head. Wheat in the nose but it smells mildew-ish. The flavor is quite one dimensional with, again, moldy wheat flavor. Not great, I dont know what I am going to do with the other 5 bottles of this stuff I have.

gerdy555 (163) - Ohio, USA - AUG 8, 2003
pours straw colored and slightly cloudy with a white head. smell is of cheap lager with wheat in the background. i can accually tase some wheat flavor which is more than I expected. my guess is that they went out and bought some real wheat beer and then mixed it with their lager. more than I expected but that's not saying much.

1.2
wheatbeerboy (103) - Addison, Illinois, USA - AUG 1, 2003
Now I know why this beer isn't a big seller; it sucks. This is probably one of the worst American hefe-weissens that I've had.

TheBeerGod (6224) - Newport News, Virginia, USA - JUL 5, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 6, 2003 Not bad considering the source. Decent golden blond with a whitish head. Below average spicy weizen taste. Seemed weak compared to micros but a decent attempt. Worth trying.

pooze (2) - Houghton, Michigan, USA - JUL 2, 2003 does not count
Nothing special. I went to the store looking for paulaner hefe weizen.. all they had was this. It's swillish.. wish I didn't buy it.

bowen008 (134) - Houston, Texas, USA - JUN 30, 2003
A good shot at a Hefe from a macro. All the Michelob specialties are a good intro to the genre. This is the best of the line.

Aggie80 (818) - Michigan, USA - JUN 29, 2003
Hmm. Okay in the pour, head and lace area. Filtered, this doesn't have strong spice flavors, but they are there. vaation 03

ericnixon (746) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JUN 12, 2003
on tap at the Budweiser plant in Merrimack, NH. i normally don't like hefeweizens that much, but this one was ok. not amazing or stand-outish in any way, but it was tolerable. a frickin' lot better than all of Budweiser's other products.