overall
RATINGS: 912   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.95/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Super-premium Michelob was developed in 1896 as a "draught beer for connoisseurs." Michelob is brewed with a superior ingredient blend for fuller body with a clean finish, using all imported hops and a high percentage of two-row barley malt.

Blatz King (150) - Whitewater, Wisconsin, USA - JUL 2, 2001
I was impressed. I had always thought to myself, as I sometimes do, hmm... Michelob ewwww, but now that I tried it I like it. I would like to have it with some hamburgers. So that just goes to show you you can’t judge a beer by it’s name.

Spenis99 (24) - Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, CANADA - JUN 30, 2001
I’d sooner run bare assed through a cactus field, enough said.

fishman (350) - Philadelphia, USA - JUN 27, 2001
The marketing wonks at AB ask us all ’Is it Beer or is it Michelob?’ I ask just plain old ’what in God’s name is it???’

Got Stout? (173) - Wisconsin, USA - JUN 27, 2001
I was fairly impressed w/ this brew b/c I really thought that it was canned swamp bile (before I drank it), you know, b/c it was Michelob

MrBeer (276) - Erie, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 22, 2001
UPDATED: SEP 4, 2006 This beer doesn’t really do it for me. It was an okay beer, thats it.

joet (2607) - Wilsonville, Oregon, USA - JUN 9, 2001
I loved this beer as a teenager. Like revisiting Disneyland as an adult, I was sorely disappointed by a recent 80s flashback experience with it.

boto (2214) - Granby, Connecticut, USA - MAY 29, 2001
UPDATED: SEP 16, 2003 Can: Ahhh..another fine selection of beers on the golf course. The first thing that I noted was the can said that it contained "All Imported Hops". I thought that AB grew most of their own hops in Washington at Elk Mountain (Remember the short-lived brews by that name?). Anyway, it could have used some of those hops. Not very aromatic. The color is a shade darker than the typical macro yellow (almost golden). Big white head. The taste is a malty sweet, with a lighter body. It has the signature Michelob sweet aftertaste that is typical in all of its beers. At least it was cold!

truckie455 (42) - Derby, Connecticut, USA - MAY 29, 2001
In my opinion, the best of the macro-brews.

1.1
Shadallion (534) - Sacramento, California, USA - MAY 13, 2001
Super-premium? What, do they use higher-quality RICE in this beer? This is bad stuff.

Kaya161 (1139) - San Diego, California, USA - MAY 10, 2001
Well, it’s better than Budweiser, but that’s not saying much.