RATINGS: 859   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.7/5   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Mickey’s is the fine malt liquor with a full body, moderate bitterness and a fruity aroma. Its unique “Big Mouth” 12-ounce bottle is one of its key brand equities.

FistFullOfCats' rating

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
FistFullOfCats (163) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - SEP 20, 2006
UPDATED: JAN 2, 2007 There is pretty much nothing to this. Sorta flat, smells like watered down apple juice, and tastes like nothing. Can beer be bad if it tastes like nothing? Very similar to water, but less refreshing. Hell, I bought it, so I guess I’ll drink it. I could probably put down one of these little barrels in like 3 gulps, so I guess that is what this wide mouth is for. Like mountain dew or something. Can’t approve of beer whose sole reason for existence is to get you drunk.

blackmansland (1) - - SEP 17, 2017 does not count
Ratebeer you assholes,why didn't my first comment post? Now I have to type this over again,it it's not as great as my first wordings. Most beers taste like carbonated piss,Mickey's taste like a Carbonated light piss. The look is great, like light apple juice. The smell is pleasant, not to bold and strong, like Heineken,and definitely does, not taste like animal piss,like Heineken. I'm all about the feeling,just like my Kush....mofo. How does it make me feel? Because, I like to feel good. Well, Mickey's makes me feel good,not lazy,not too hazy,and feel good functioning buzz,unless you too too much,ya big dummy. Same as getting too high, all about checks and balances....moderation. On a hot day on my lunch break,or after work; I guzzle a 12 ounce Mickey on an empty stomach and get a nice medium functioning,social buzz. It taste 6 12 ounces to get me drunk. I hate drunken feeling,like I hate Indica feelings. It's all about that motivational Sativa.

camay1997 (73) - patton, California, USA - AUG 27, 2017
UPDATED: AUG 27, 2017 Thick white head atop a golden yellow body. smells of popcorn with a hint of honey . Well, it tastes better than that OE I had that day. Tastes of sweetness and corn. Kind of bitter on the palette. Below average at best...?

mR_fr0g (13190) - Hertfordshire, ENGLAND - JUN 21, 2017
Bottle shared at Cotteridge convention 05/03/2016. Thanks to Macboost and team. A pale yellow fine white head. Aroma is simple pale grains, apple notes. Flavour is composed of berrry, sweet cereal, stale grains. Palate is thin, sweet, highish carbonation. Meh.

Mindwarp (285) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - MAR 16, 2017
UPDATED: MAR 20, 2017 Pours a light gold with a small white head. Aroma is of sweet malt and grass. Taste follows the nose with an unappealing aftertaste. Overall, I can check malt liquor off my beer styles.

exeter (536) - calgary, Alberta, CANADA - MAR 10, 2017
Pours a golden straw colour with a bright white 2 finger head. Wasn’t a fan of the smell. Tastes of corn and other veggies. Taste like High School beer.

brandon1989 (667) - Lewisville, Texas, USA - FEB 22, 2017
Pours a clear golden color with a thick bubbly white head with surprisingly some good lacing around the glass. The aroma is rather faint but I pickup some corn and wet grass.The flavor is similar to the aroma. When drinking ice cold there is nothing off putting or bad about the beer but as it warms up the flavor becomes slowly off-putting. The mouth feel is light and the finish is very dry.

Cousin_Larry (895) - - FEB 17, 2017
Picked up a 40 for the wife’s 40th bday party. It was not as bad as expected - kept cold it has a mild sweet corn taste with a tiny bitter finish. Brings me back to the high school days.

BugGuidoKC (1) - Kansas City, Kansas, USA - JAN 26, 2017 does not count
Used to drink this, Carling’s Black Label and Moosehead back in college. Loved the metal cap pull tab big mouth grenade bottles. Kinda sad to see they went with a twist-off cap these days. Got my first hangover on Mickey’s! It was the Mean Green! For what it is, it is still a good, cheap brew. Has a nice fruity aroma with little of the skunk or rocket fuel smell you get with Colt 45. The taste has a bit of a sweet corn flavor to it with just enough hoppy bitterness on the finish to let you know it was there. If you get a good batch that has been kept cold, Mickey’s is a good pour - though I always drink it outta the bottle. Best bottom shelf Malt Liquor on the market IMHO.

Ronritter (874) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - DEC 21, 2016
Very middle of the road brew big mouth barrel makes it extra easy drinking.

BlackHaddock (7583) - Shropshire, ENGLAND - JUN 3, 2016
Not had one of these since I lived in West Berlin and went to an American Sector Fair (1988 I reckon). So when I saw the bottles on sale in some random supermarket while on holiday in California I had to buy one. Still as shit as I remembered it. Actually to be fair it is a refreshing brew with nothing untoward or nasty about it. Typical golden pour, slight, weak, white head. More maltiness than hoppiness, but ultimately both odourless and almost tasteless.