overall
RATINGS: 366   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.72/5   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 85   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
When the loveable "hopheads" at Humpy’s Great Alaskan Alehouse requested a winter version of alehouse favorite Sockeye Red IPA, our brewers instinctively spawned CoHoHo Imperial IPA.

CoHoHo begins with generous measures of pale two-row and specialty malts along with spirit-boosters like brown sugar and honey. Hefty doses of Cascade, Centennial and Simcoe hops beautifully balance that outrageous malt bill while juniper berries heighten the festive character of this exuberant beer.

Make Merry all Winter Long...

JRBowie (18) - Atascosa, Texas, USA - MAR 10, 2007
HO... HO... HO I love when it’s that time of the year again. This is an Imperial IPA that is unmatched by others with in Alaska. You can buy this beer by the 22oz bottle or by draft. during the winter months. Try it on tap at Humpys Alaskan ale house geat food and Mdnight Sun.

Prostman (1077) - Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 16, 2004
This was simply a great IPA. The color was dark orange, similar to the color of a Maerzen with a thin white head. The aroma was of hops, and the taste followed through being hoppy, yet balanced. A great seasonal and definitely one worth trying.

bikerking001 (3) - USA - DEC 5, 2010 does not count
Delicious seasonal brew done locally here in AK. I look forward to it all year

Pigfoot (2268) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - FEB 10, 2004
What a crazy label, oh, so, colorful, with that mixed-up, Santa-hatted fish (salmon? trout?) But,let's open it it up and see what's inside...deep orange color, full head, big, blooming froth, leaving loads of lace. Aroma: ah, perfect hoppiness! Pine, and pineapple, apricot, peach, citrus aplenty, too, this is exactly what I like in an IPA aroma, oh, yeah! So, let us taste...Rrrrrr! Great, big bitterness, at first, blazing over the palate, huge hop attendance, but a large maltiness is also immediately noticed, and matches incredibly well with the massive hop content. Sharp. bitter, then just tasty fruit, very delicious, ...man, I'm sold on this one, and it's just now jumped to the top of my fave IPA list. Damn, this is dazzling, thank goodness it's a bomber, anything less, I would have felt cheated and teased. Yum, yum, and I'll say it again, yu-u-um!

Braudog (6837) - Yorktown, Virginia, USA - OCT 8, 2002
UPDATED: MAR 6, 2012 Ho-hoppy aroma. Spicy front end to the taste that quickly settles into a nicely hopped pale ale flavor. Superb ... one of my favorite beers. Not sure that it can hang with the real big imperial IPAs, but this is damn good and drinkable

BeerNeedy (126) - Anchorage, Alaska, USA - JAN 4, 2009
22 oz bottle. Darker than most doubles with a delightful off white dense and creamy head. Initial aroma is that of juniper berries. This IPA was smooth and flavorful and not as strident with the IBUs as some others. High drinkability and another winter favorite goes into the rotation.

Sledutah (7841) - Utah, USA - MAR 25, 2010
22oz bottle from Brewforia
Appearance: Clear dark copper with a nice off-white head that sticks around and tons of lacing in the glass
Aroma: Huge aroma of pine, malts and dark fruits
Taste: Pine resin and bittering in the finish
This is an awesome IIPA. Very well balanced with the hops and malts. I really enjoyed this beer. Wish I had another one.
The rating before this one says it is on tap at the Toronado. I’ll be in SF next week, I’ll make sure I try this on tap and edit this rating with my thoughts.