overall
Mikkeller
Brewed at De Proefbrouwerij

Style: Abt/Quadrupel
Copenhagen, Denmark

RATINGS: 222   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.66/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
Belgian ale brewed with raspberries & aged in wine barrels

JStax (7125) - Devola/Marietta, Ohio, USA - JUL 3, 2014
375 ml bottle poured into a snifter. Pours a somewhat murky brown with a velvety head of khaki colored foam. The aroma has notes of slightly unripe raspberries, dry and earthy wine, kinda reminds me of the ports I’ve tried. Taste reminds me of a really dry wine. I get a bit of alcohol spice. Some burn on the back of the throat. Moderate carbonation.

Beerdedone (3446) - Croydon, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 28, 2014
Bottle. Pours a deep dark brown with a small off-white head. Aroma of sweet raspberry, wine, wood and fruit. Flavor of fresh tart raspberry, wood, red wine, dark fruit, subtle caramel and some vinous notes. Medium-plus body, soft carbonation, dry and tart finish.

markextrae (4460) - Alingsås, SWEDEN, SWEDEN - JUN 8, 2014
shared bottle. poured a murky brown colour with a tan head. lot of yeast in the glass. aroma has a ton of different fruits, raspberries, lots of mango, sweet caramel, yeast, toffee, small hints of de barrel.

Stuu666 (14561) - Edinburgh, SCOTLAND - JUN 7, 2014
Bottle at James’s. Huge tart raspberry nose, almost all raspberry taste, sweet caramel.

Garrold (5507) - Sheffield, South Yorkshire, ENGLAND - MAY 25, 2014
Bottle from Beermoth, Manchester. Cloudy, thick, dark brown. White, dessert wine. Red, dessert wine, like black muscat. Add to that a hint of dark chocolate, and you’re still nowhere near. Taste is sour. Dry. Light bitter. It’s like a liqueur gone wrong. Definitely muscat barrels, though. I’d put a pound on it...

Zita (6331) - Assentoft, DENMARK - MAY 9, 2014
light sweet raspberries aroma,brown, brown foam, light sweetness, lightly bitter, light sour and no tast of rasberries

Hansen (8612) - Assentoft, DENMARK - MAY 5, 2014
Dark brown with an off-white head, medium duration. Acidic aroma, notes of raspberries. Odd flavor, heavy acidic, rapsberries, light bitter finish, unharmonic, like medium beer that has been in too many barrels and so on.

Wim (4133) - Weelde, BELGIUM - MAY 4, 2014
at my home along with Yves dark brown colored body with an off white head and a spicy fruity malt alcholic aroma a spicy fruity sour red wine alcholic bitter taste with a alcholic bitter finish a weird beer but good for one

Splitenz (370) - Oslo, NORWAY - APR 29, 2014
What a fun experience this was. Met some nice people to talk beer with at Mikkeller Bar in Stockholm and bought this for all of us to try. I might be wrong (what with having been to Belgium and all) but I think this is my first raspberry flavored beer? Anyhow, it was a joy. I could really see myself becoming a brewer and then making this beer, just for me! I won’t go into all the flavours, it’s too complicated for me, just want to say, gorgeous beer!

Staffan47 (909) - Uppsala, SWEDEN - APR 17, 2014
Flarra hos Mattias. Snyggt skum. Hallon och pannkaka i doft. Även nån ytterligare typ av husmanskost i doften. Svårplacerat. Gurka? Svag aceton. Inte god. Hallon i smak, i övrigt bara ett gäng oangenäma smaker. Sträv, bajs, vinös och aceton.