overall
Brewed at De Proefbrouwerij

Style: Spice/Herb/Vegetable
Copenhagen, Denmark

RATINGS: 923   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.83/5   EST. CALORIES: 198   ABV: 6.6%
Brewed with Chipotle chili peppers.

mmahut (1859) - CZECH REPUBLIC - FEB 26, 2015
Bottle. Pours in black body with really high brown creamy head, wonderful. Aroma has coffee notes, light smoky. Taste has high toffee sweetness, cold coffee after taste, smokiness all over the palate. The lacing is just amazing. Iím not sure if the roastiness comes from the chipotles or the malt, but is just really balanced. The after taste finishes with full toffee, caramel. I donít get any chilli sensation from it, just a really good and balanced stout. Body is full, high carbonation.

ebone1988 (1856) - Dearborn, Michigan, USA - OCT 18, 2015
Bottle shared with koleminer20, labeled as "Chipotle Porter." Aroma is smoke, sweet roasted malt, pepper, milky dark chocolate. Appearance is black, light brown head, thick. Taste is strange, smoky, roasted malt, fresh pepper, yet sweet and fruity. Mouthfeel is thick, heavy body, great soft carbonation. Overall, Iím not surprised why they donít classify this as a porter because of the pepper presence.

jcos (1851) - Maryland, USA - FEB 22, 2011
I really enjoyed this beer, and I like spicy food and drinks, but I cannot imagine drinking an entire bottle of this myself. The peppers begin to stick in your throat. Otherwise I would have a higher rating.

thirstyrabbit (1849) - Tallinn, ESTONIA - JUN 25, 2012
Bottle. Dark body, medium tan head. Sweet and roasty aroma with some coffee. Big sweet and roasty taste. Finish reveals the chili heat. Not sure if I like chili in beers or not. If you want your beer to taste hot, why not just crank up the ABV? The stout base is good, however.

Sevenlee (1846) - Central Coast, NSW, AUSTRALIA - NOV 28, 2013
Pours totally black with a dark brown head. Aroma is malt, roastiness, smokiness, soy, coffee and chili. Taste is light sweet, quite roasty leading to a roasty and spicy finish. Interesting and awesome.

peponi (1842) - Hannover, GERMANY - NOV 28, 2015
Aroma: roasted dark malts, soya sauce, chilli, coffee. Appearance: deep black color and nice beige head. Taste: bitter chocolate, soya sauce, roasted malts, coffee, chilli, semi-dry. Palate: medium body and medium carbonation, warming chilli finish. Overall: Interesting beer, nice chilli notes, drinkable.

Vells (1833) - Rīga, LATVIA - DEC 14, 2015
I remember how I drunk it for the first time. It was crazy hot and I thought I never could finish it, even tho I love beer and I love chili.. Now.. Now I find it well balanced with roasted malt background, some pleasantly warming chili and black coffee notes.Moderate sweetness with moderate bitterness.I wonder.. if it really is the same beer as it was 3 years ago, because now it really feels way less chili

Linnet (1813) - Karlstad, SWEDEN - DEC 18, 2011
Aroma: Smoke, tar, smoked meat, rich as hell. Appearance: Black as can be medium beige head, lacing. Flavour: Same as in the nose with a warming and peppery finish. First beer Iíve tried that has chili in it, and it makes itís prescence known. Mouthfeel: Average. Total: I liked it a lot.

cpetrone84 (1810) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 28, 2010
A-pours an opaque black, viscous liquid with a thick creamy caramel brown head with a solid lace. S-milk chocolate, mikkeller ash and peat moss, hints of smoke, somewhat assertive spice towards the back. T-milk chocolate up front, notes of smokey peat moss, huge peppery spice in the back that I canít get over. rough to drink for me but beer spice heads might like. M-creamy feel, full bodied, somewhat dry with a clean finish. D-this starts like a milk stout and immediately burns my throat with nothing I enjoy. the pepper is extremely spicy and overpowering in the back lingering throughout the sip.

Mjp12 (1805) - York, North Yorkshire, ENGLAND - NOV 20, 2015
From a bottle branded chipotle porter, Great smokey, chocolate aroma, a good liquorice tang, with a creamy mouthfeel. It has an awful lot of character for a 6.6% beer, the chilli builds as you drink it .Another mikkeller masterpiece .