overall
Brewed by Mill Street Brewery (AB InBev)
Style: American Pale Ale
Toronto, Canada

RATINGS: 499   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.5/5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Like traditional pale ales, Tankhouse Ale has a deep copper-red colour. We use five different malts to produce a complex malty texture. The most dominant character of our Pale Ale is the hop. The spicy Cascades is used to give an assertive hop flavour, aroma and bitterness to our ale. The result is a satisfying and complex-tasting beer. Our brewmaster developed this recipe 20 years ago and it has remained his favorite drink of choice

ripperz (2) - ottawa, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 19, 2012 does not count
Lately this is THE BEER!! I love the amberish taste and the velvety after taste it’s just awesome

Dunton (1) - Nova Scotia, CANADA - JUN 22, 2012 does not count
I wish I knew how to articulate my adoration for this beer in a more technical manner; alas, I cannot. So I will keep it simple. This is the best $#%*@$## I have ever had! The flavor is very complex and bold yet smooth. This beer never taste bad or becomes bitter in any way to me. Out of all the different beer I have tried in my lifetime, this beer is far ahead of anything else I have tried. Thank you Mill Street Brewery for such a fantastic product from one of your biggest fans!

BEEJE26 (38) - Ontario, CANADA - OCT 29, 2007
This is a great, light summer beer. Nice full body. Pours orangy-amber. It has a citrus nose, and has an almost sangria-like taste to it. Truly unique. Truly tasty.

iambeer (255) - Ontario, CANADA - AUG 6, 2006
The best Canadian ale I’ve had thus far. Spicy, hoppy, lovely anytime beer. Love the stuff, can’t get enough!

chainman (104) - Ontario, CANADA - JUL 28, 2009
I am not being one bit generous when I say this is a near-perfect ale. No wonder this is becoming a staple in many bars around Toronto, and slowly spreading its fingers outward. Mill Street has a fantastic beer here.
Appearance is a flawless deep amber. Decent lacing, minimal head. Aroma is hops, a bit of dark fruit and some chocolate. Taste is very hoppy, but unlike so many others, the hops are expertly balanced with some malts that bring through a gritty cocoa character.
I could not recommend a better all-around beer for people who know their beer. Good for any weather, and very refreshing. I feel fortunate that I can buy this stuff almost anywhere.

KrazyKhan (10) - Mississauga, CANADA - JUL 31, 2011
341mL bottle from LCBO. Pours a dark copper/red colour with a tan, pillowy quickly dissapearing head. Smells mostly of hops with hints of grass and spice. Taste consists of a complex combination of various bitter hops complemented with subtle notes of spice, grass, yeast and finally a faint yet surprising hint of sweet caramel. This beer is full bodied in nature with mild carbonation, definite long lasting bitter finish. I was pleasantly surprised with the complexity of this beer, a number of elements was present in this beer that seemed to be lacking in other comparable Canadian brews. I will drink this beer again, it’s not a plain old session beer by any means and showcases the variety offered to us by the Canadian breweries.

FlashParker (85) - Ontario, CANADA - JAN 19, 2011
Bottle. Innisfil, Ontario. Great copper colur. Plenty of bubbles, great carbonation. Plenty of head. Aroma - Not an overpowering APA, great pine scent. Hoppy flavour is not overpower, somewhere in between Sierra Nevada and Hoptical Illusion. This is a plus and a negative, depending how hard you like your APA. Great dryness, sweet malty finish. Ontario craft brewers know how to do the APA/IPA... if only they could translate that to their other beers!

Ommadawn (12) - Saskatchewan, CANADA - JUL 2, 2011
Becoming my favorite Canadian beer. I am a pale ale junky, and absolutely think that this holds its own with any number of imports, and I like it better than Fullers London Pride. Exemplifies the pale ale style perfectly. Multi-dimensional flavours in every respect, from the malt to the hops, sweet and bitter, it just leaves you utterly satisfied. Only trouble is, one is never enough.

AlexT (11) - Ontario, CANADA - JUN 18, 2012
One of my favorite beers. This beer is brewed in Toronto, Canada and it’s a killer when fresh. Unique flavour and long aftertaste.