overall
Brewed by Mill Street Brewery (AB InBev)
Style: Porter
Toronto, Canada

RATINGS: 154   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.38/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%

MaximeDB (15) - Quebec, CANADA - MAR 16, 2015
This beer is my personal all-time favorite. Being a vanilla freak, when I saw this beer at the Mill Street Brewpub at Toronto Pearson International Airport, I had to try it. Ended up ordering two of them. Its scent is definately that of natural vanilla. Its taste just blew me away. Bold vanilla with a hint of cocoa and maybe a little sweet coffee. Too bad I can't find it anywhere in Quebec, It really would be my go to dessert beer. :-) ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

dreamflower (790) - Steinbach, Manitoba, CANADA - NOV 23, 2014
Shared with northropfrye. What can I say, I’m a sucker for a solid vanilla porter, and this one delivers. Poured with nitrogen foam for an intensely thick, pillowy head, much like a merengue. Super-delicious with strong vanilla flavour and aroma, but not overpowering. Gorgeous in appearance with such a thick mocha head and deep black liquid. Loved this.

gilvanblight (825) - Windsor, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 18, 2013
Very dark pour that looks black until held up to the light the you see a ruby red. Lots and lots of head. I was actually yelled at by the brewer when I grabbed it, he thought I was going to take a sip and he yelled "LET IT CASCADE" Starts rich and sweet. Really dig this. It starts of rather rich and then it finishes wet and very beer like. Very well balanced.

SteveLikesBeer (72) - - NOV 19, 2013
This brown/ruby red porter pours with an effervescent head and provides a distinctive vanilla bouquet. It offers rich vanilla and coffee flavours and a smooth and creamy body. The lovely lingering after-taste makes you want to take another sip almost immediately. I can see myself drinking this five-per-cent porter all night.

mabel (9246) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 9, 2010
[2660-20091214] Tap. Sweet vanilla extract syrup aroma with some chocolate roast milk malt notes. Clear, dark brown black body with a long-lasting creamy mocha head. Thick chocolate milk malt flavour is roasty with hints of vanilla. Medium-full body is smooth. Wow, really nicely balanced and creamy and toasty, it caught me on an I-love-porters day I think.
(@ Mill Street; Toronto, ON)

exeter (535) - calgary, Alberta, CANADA - NOV 29, 2013
Opened the can and the can it sounded like a jet engine. Nitro kicked in and got it to the glass in time. Large head. Draught beers require some planning. Get them cold and pour, keep the head down. Let it sit for 25 minutes to warm up for best flavour. Open it too early and the head is all you get. I tasted Chocolate, vanilla, mild bitterness at the end. Creamy feel. Loved it

Whids (60) - - NOV 30, 2013
Really impressed by this beer. Pours dark chocolate brown on draught with beautiful tan head. Some sweetness for sure from the vanilla extract but not overbearing at all. Malty and some coffee as well. Nice mouthfeel and very drinkable (goes down so easy). FYI, try putting a scoop of vanilla ice cream in a snifter top with caramel sauce and add this beer. Porter Float!!

YanIpa (144) - Quebec, CANADA - JAN 14, 2014
Bonne bière Ontarienne, agréablement surpris, trés mousseuse. Arôme delicate de café et chocolat noir mi-amer avec une bonne finale de Vanille.

chucklemation (1687) - Royal Oak, Michigan, USA - SEP 9, 2015
Pours a ruby brown with a long-lasting white foam head and lots of lacing. Aroma is vanilla, toffee, and caramel, with a silky cream undertone. Flavor is sweet vanilla, caramel, toffee, some earthy hops. Has a creamy, silky smooth mouthfeel. This is a fantastic little gem.

jimmay (807) - Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 23, 2010
On tap at the Brewpub. Wow, what a great beer (I love vanilla). Pours near black with lots of very fine head (is this nitro?) Big aroma and taste, alternating between vanilla and milky chocolate. Lots of roast malt in there. Liked it so much, I had another! Very drinkable, would be great with any dessert!