overall
RATINGS: 93   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.35/5   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
A full hop regiment attributes to a fresh citrus aroma and earthy flavor all balanced by lightly toasted malts. Not long ago, workers would be called to their union mandated beer breaks with the pull of the chain activated steam whistle. Beer bucket boys would hustle cold brew out to the workers before they returned to the production line. Our Pull Chain Pail Ale is a tribute to the working men and women who built this great city. Back to work!

keoki182 (305) - West Bend, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 10, 2007
Very hoppy for an APA. Bitter hop oils just coat your tongue upon first sip. Nice citrus flavor, piney aroma. Perfectly sessionable at 5%. I would recommend this one with their homemade gumbo.

clingman71 (300) - Centerville, Ohio, USA - JUL 31, 2005
UPDATED: DEC 2, 2007 Draft-brewery. I had high expectaions for Milwaukee Ale House. I tried the APA and was very disappointed. I t looked good, had an ok aroma, but average, and I am being generous, flavor. It wasn’t good, just quaffable. The place seemed more interested in the band and being as "hot spot" than being a "craft" brewery. I saw more people drinking macros than the house beers, this is a serious problem.

Jabswitch (278) - Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 19, 2009
Very hoppy and harsh for an APA which is great as far as I am concerned. Bold flavor - not disguised by citrus or fruity taste. You drink this one to snap yourself out of a lager rut. More malt than most pales.

fuyajo (229) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JUL 12, 2006
Honey-orange in color; slighly opaque. I’m not usually a fan of Ale House beers, but this seemed more satisfying than usual. It was a good beer to drink on a hot day like today. Pretty light, certainly lighter than many pail ales I’ve had before. However, there was a pleasent amount of hop in the palate, and a decent finish. This is my favorite among the Ale House’s beers, and when I return, I will be drinking this one.

starewich (170) - - OCT 14, 2012
Hazy orange, head dissipates quickly. Strong nose of orange and peach. The hops are resin and the malt is tangy. Like much of Milwaukee Ale House’s line, this is an excellent standard example of its style but lacks distinctive traits.

LePoopie (151) - Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin, USA - FEB 5, 2006
Tried as part of a beer sampler at the Milwaukee Ale House. Has a mild aroma, but was very hard to tell (and I was in a private room, largely removed from the smoke and food). Has a medium brown amber body, with a white head. Wonderful, nicely bitter flavor. Also has good body and carbonation. Overall, I liked this one, and I would consider it one of the Ale House’s best.

thewombat (112) - Brooklyn, New York, USA - AUG 19, 2009
Draft.Clear dark orange with very little head. Light hop aroma, very light tasting pale ale, Taste is nice, bitter, piney but not too strong. Balanced and refreshing with a body.

reliantkcar (102) - USA - FEB 28, 2010
hay, citrus, floral, golden, cloudy, minimal head, light sweetness, medium bitterness, medium sourness, medium body, thin feel, soft carbonation, bitter,

bonk0076 (99) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - DEC 16, 2009
Pours a murky brownish yellow with a medium beige head. Aroma is of citrus, caramel, and pine notes. Taste is slightly bitter with hop flavor, but finishes verrrry slightly sweet and short. This makes it pretty drinkable, although it is a little bit watery.