RATINGS: 801   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.1/5   EST. CALORIES: 129   ABV: 4.3%
Using select pale malt, cereal grains and yeast, this naturally hopped beer features premium taste, but not at a premium price.

1.2
JPDIPSO (6262) - Wauwatosa, USA - DEC 30, 2003
Can. Yellow straw color with a fisy bubbly white head. Damn these american standards make you work to find something. Dusty light malt aroma. Light brown sugar and slight mild grain flavor.

riversideAK (6261) - Shoreline, Washington, USA - APR 1, 2007
Corn sweetness aroma. Golden appearance. Flavor is grain sweetness and a little crisp, but I think due more so to the extreme carbonation than any hops to speak of. It does the job. It is made for college kids and should be used for drinking games such as beer pong and quarters.

TheBeerGod (6254) - Newport News, Virginia, USA - AUG 5, 2002
Water with a tablespoon of beer per can.....................................

0.9
Rastacouere (6177) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - JUL 17, 2003
Typical american standard, but shows a small bitterness towards the end which boosts it out of the bottom spot.

Skyview (6093) - Papoose Jct, Minnesota, USA - APR 18, 2007
This is the last surviving beer brand from the A. Gettelman Brewing Company that SAB/Miller continues to brew. This is an old beer brand that first hit the market during the pre-Prohibition years. (1897 to be exact). Actually, today’s Milwaukee’s Best is not a bad macro-produced beer. It has a little flavor and will satisfy the light beer drinkers. Pours a light yellow gold brew with a fast dissolving white head. Aroma is very light corn bread, a very, very hint of sweet floral hops and maybe a drop of honey. Flavor is very light and clean. Finish is a little gritty but is not offensive. Though the Milwaukee’s Best brew from the early 1900s and the brew of the 21st Century share the same brand name, the recipes of the two are light years apart, Tom Gettelman once told me the recipe for Milwaukee’s Best of the 1950s (50% barley, 50% corn) which was a medium body brew. It would be interesting to have Milwaukee’s Best rated today with the old recipe.

Bulk_Carrier (6065) - Vermont, USA - JUN 14, 2014
Almost always outa the can, but for reviewing purposes and notes from several taken into the pint glass, well here goes. The appearance was an exceptionally light looking yellow color with a decent bubbly-ness rising to try to fill a rapidly dissipating head that left no lacing. The smell, well, there was some cooked/burnt/roasty corn-ness going on, grassy and hay-like. The taste, well, once again, there really wasn’t much there, maybe some light sweetness to it. The palate, well, that was about a light trying to make me consider it sat semi-close to medium on the body, but honestly, I think I lean closer to light. Nice try, Miller, the carbonation, well, there’s some harshness, but nothing overbearing. Overall, well, its an American Adjunct Lager, super hard to make outstanding, but I’ll say, standard AAL.

0.8
ganache (6035) - New Jersey, USA - DEC 11, 2005
Better than Miller, but surely Milwaukee has better to offer than this. Embarassing.

cheap (6016) - Beaver Valley, Beaver County, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 26, 2006
UPDATED: DEC 27, 2006 I’m not expecting much from this beer, Milwaukee’s Best. Usually if it says best, you better be concerned. 12 oz pull top can, cost me $1 at the local pub but I know I can get this for 33 cents a can by the case if I so desire. I know this is a BMC, so you are mumbling ‘This can’t be the first time he’s tasted it?” No it is not….. I’ve had this countless times before I became an amateur ratebeerian. First, I wanted to get some experience with about 200 ‘good’ beers and really give this brew equal footing before I BMC step on it. So, this is neither a number padder nor a memory rate. This beer is being sampled as I review. It says it is brewed with the finest quality malt, barley and selected grain. Pours like any other good pale yellow beer I’ve poured in my former stooges and present steeler stein. Nice clear light yellow appearance. In a couple of places there is some carbonation rising. No offensive odor, as a matter of fact it does smell a little sweet attractive. Very gentleman like first taste, like a typical pale american lager. Nice creamy palate that is above average in carbonation. The slightly industrial finish is not as smooth as I would like to have for a lager, but there is nothing real offensive to it. I think this may be a drawback to those who love IPA or imp stouts. Overall; decent beer, nice price.

1.1
altonbrownd (5897) - Chevy Chase, Maryland, USA - FEB 19, 2009
Slammed some of these in college. Didn’t know better then. Avoid at all cost now. Pale yellow, medium head. Smells rank. Taste of carboard. Putrid.

DiarmaidBHK (5715) - Lewisburg, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 23, 2010
Only to be consumed if you are a poor college student that doesn’t know any better. Never to be consumed by anyone over the age of 22 with any kind of a job.