overall
RATINGS: 179   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.18/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Lazy Mutt is an unfiltered ale, cloudy and pale in color. The off-white foam slowly disappears to reveal a slight citrus aroma. A citrusy palate gives way to a light malty sweetness touched by a hint of corn. Bottle conditioned ale made with Canadian 2 row malt and Galena and Tettnag variety of fine hops.

VertBaconStrips (2389) - Blerkablerka, VENEZUELA - JUN 23, 2009
"I was tricked! I thought this would be something out of some new to me brewery but it turns out that I was very wrong... Poured out a cloudy yellowy gold brew and a small ammount of white head....THAT DIDN’T LAST! A saison should have a large cap. This had almost none at the pour, zero minutes after and zero retention or lacing. The aroma is so-so, nothing really bad. Old lemon and a bit of orange hiding behind that, odd spice, barley malt. Quite fruity. The first flavour impression is tart and mild to moderate sourness that blend immediately into a weak lemon / orange taste (nothing to impressive here), some pepper and a chunk of malt....maybe a bit of herb too. This beer has gotten better. Light medium body, ok carbonation, decent tingle on the tongue, finishes on the sour side and fades to lingering malts. Better than it was when I opened it. Still, it is total crap, one of the least appealing beers in a loooooong time. How do I pawn these off? I got 7 more to drink, dammit.

jason1625 (4) - USA - JUN 17, 2009 does not count
This is a little better than MGD. The 8 pack is nice for sharing with freinds that can’t taste beer. Will not buy again.

marchcow (664) - Coralville, Iowa, USA - JUN 13, 2009
Aromas of wet felt, wool, and wine. Golden yellow color with a small whitish head. Light grassy flavor with bees wax lemon, corn, and processed sugar. Palate is light and a little dry. Flavors are "manufactured" and unnatural tasting. Not good.

Cirrhosis (1283) - Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA - JUN 11, 2009
Dirty yellow body that was slightly cloudy there was zero trace of any kind head or even carbonation for that matter, this appears to be pure crap. Aroma was simple and disappointing, fake smooth banana combined with old wet basement, very unappealing. Mouth feel was watery and flat and the beer left behind a marshmallow like after taste. First flavor I noticed was a sweet pine apple juice that starts to turn more apply as the beer warms. Ginger ale is starting come through as I drink but I’m not getting any of the wheat flavors I apparently should be getting for the style. Malts are smooth a subtle and there is a minor amount of spice. I gave the last half of this beer the dump not because it was awful tasting but because it was just so disappointing I didn’t want to finish it.

drpimento (3669) - La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 26, 2009
Hmmm... not that great. Got this a while back. Poured with some head and no lace. Most of the head dissipated soon thereafter. Aroma was a little sour and yeasty. Color is a hazy orangey amber. Flavor is odd: Sweet in the background with sour on the tongue and some bitterness in there, mainly from the yeastoids. Body is a little oily. Finish is an extension of those flavors. Label says "Union Made" - if I were them, I’d ask to take that off.

SledgeJr (3577) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - MAY 24, 2009
In the bottle from a HyVee Sampler pack. This was the best of the lot. Has a doughy and caramel like aroma with a slight dash of spice. Make sure that you swirl the yeast and get it into your beer, because this one is unfiltered. Totally nothing like a serious farmhouse or saison, but this is very drinkable and tasty in fact for a "blond." Has a finishing sweetness that I like with none of the vegetable off flavors that the other Minhas beers in this series seem to have. Perhaps Minhas should experiment with unfiltered beers more often?

osb33 (16) - Milwaukee, USA - MAY 19, 2009
Eh, I wasn’t too impressed by this beer. It comes in an 8-pack which is nice for when you have friends over. But the taste is mediocre at best.

GJF (1520) - Mount Vernon, Iowa, USA - MAY 10, 2009
I was excited to see a Farmhouse coming out of the midwest but this just doesn’t do much for me. Almost no head to it, sweet aroma. Starts out fairly sweet and caramel malt but ends up with a bit of cardboard.

Block (2843) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - APR 13, 2009
Golden pour. Sweet aroma of corn and some caramel. Pretty simple. Light body and flavor. Nothing sticks out in particular.

weitz15 (588) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - APR 10, 2009
Blonde pour. Citrusy aroma with almost a floral presence. The flavor is initially mellow citrus followed by a very sweet, honey-like flavor. I was surprised by the sweet flavor complimented nicely by citrus. Very clean, crisp finish.