overall

RATINGS: 773   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.66/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Dating back to 18th century England, the custom of blending pale and dark beers has kept the "Black & Tan" a favorite of experienced beer drinkers for centuries. Our famous recipe combines a robust English Porter with a fine Continental Pilsner, preserving the character of each, while creating the classic taste of the legendary "Black & Tan." In true American style, we bring you the best of both beers as they meet in Mississippi Mud.

DYCSoccer17 (3703) - Woodland, California, USA - AUG 30, 2016
32 oz jug purchased at The Davis Beer Shoppe. I have literally walked past this beer hundreds of times in my lifetime. I’m not sure what possessed me to finally purchase this, but the fact that it was $3.49 for 32oz is amazing. The aroma has mostly metallic notes with a little roasted maltiness. There is a bit of a sweet and floral character, too. Transparent mahogany color with a small to medium light tan head. Starts with well...a lightly sweet malt flavor. Light cardboard and oxidation in the middle. Finishes with a touch of metallic hop. This is extraordinarily bland and flavorless. I would re-classify this as a brown ale, however.

Giochaurand (533) - FINLAND - AUG 30, 2016
Bottle. Pours clear dark amber with low head. Aroma is earthy, some malts and coffee. Taste is light, watery, a bit bitter with notes of coffee and chocolate.

abcfan (920) - New Jersey, USA - JUN 17, 2016
Not the best. Drinkable. Pours dark brown with a tan head. Aroma is like a wet paper bag. Finishes with a light hop bite.

ffbot (420) - Oakland, California, USA - JUN 15, 2016
Pour is a still and pale brown, not a lot going on with it. Smell is damp grains, light toffee, small coffee and roast but watered down. Taste follows with the watered down qualities. I’m not impressed

malkyore (377) - - MAR 27, 2016
I mean you know. It’s malty like a dark beer but light like a pilsner... Pretty much what you would expect. It’s not bad!

---Rated via Beer Buddy for Android

1.2
yousuiwuya (1) - - MAR 23, 2016 does not count
入口很酸。确&#

BeerRenter76 (1019) - Texas, USA - MAR 19, 2016
Originally rated on 6/14/08. Always wanted to try this interesting looking beer, I like the jug, but the beer is less interesting. Kinda bummed out that its not from mississippi, oh well. Pours a dark amber color with a thin light tan head, not much aroma however. The taste was very slightly metallic, but after that faded it was a little sweet with hints of toasted malts, slightly bitter. Overall its pretty average.

Larry_Duffman (553) - - MAR 17, 2016
I always meant to try this one. I guess the jug looked cool. I poured it from the can into a pilsner glass. It pours a dark amber and red color with a beige head and little lacing. The aroma was caramel, toffee, and metallic. The taste was toffee, caramel, some bitterness, and metallic. This tasted a bit off.

CrimsonFox (8) - Harrison township, Michigan, USA - MAR 14, 2016 does not count
Better then drinking Budweiser when your broke. Pours a dark color,Smell is of caramel and cheap porter. Watery and taste leaves quickly. At least you get a Pint of it. I’ve had worse porters then this..

joeneugs (6371) - Livermore, California, USA - FEB 20, 2016
Jug from Trader Joe’s. Always wanted to try this one, but never got around to it. Today’s the day.... It pours a dark reddish amber color. Clear with a fluffy eggshell colored head. The aroma has some weird peanut shell thing going on with a little toast, cocoa and cardboard. The flavor is the same. Not horrible, just kinda thin and lifeless. Peanuts, cardboard, toast and cocoa. Mild acidity with a hint of earthy bitterness in a mostly toasted finish. I could see mindlessly drinking this again if I had to, but I wouldn’t really look forward to it.