overall

RATINGS: 776   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.66/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Dating back to 18th century England, the custom of blending pale and dark beers has kept the "Black & Tan" a favorite of experienced beer drinkers for centuries. Our famous recipe combines a robust English Porter with a fine Continental Pilsner, preserving the character of each, while creating the classic taste of the legendary "Black & Tan." In true American style, we bring you the best of both beers as they meet in Mississippi Mud.

Panzuriel (2333) - Westerville, Ohio, USA - APR 2, 2003
Nice dark brown liquid with a good head. Nice roasted malt flavor. Good Texture and mouthfeel. Bonus Points for a cool Bottle!

Trappist (286) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - MAR 31, 2003
I was very impressed actually. I thought it would not be good but I really enjoyed this beer. It was refreshing and a nice somewhat sharp bitter aftertaste to it. I think that it should have a highr rating than what it does because it is not to bad.

loweredsixth (946) - Clovis, California, USA - FEB 1, 2003
The color is similar to many amber ales I've had recently. Nice tan head that lasted all the way down the glass. Heavy lager aroma and flavor...not much porter in the mix. Boring.

TheBelgian (24) - USA - JAN 11, 2003
I""m not much for blended beers, but this is not bad. Brown with a light tan head. Great bottle (get the 1qt/946ml jug). Great taste with a steak.

Sham (1844) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JAN 10, 2003
Decent black and tan, though I'd rather pour my own b&t. Nice bottle, good for keeping change in after it's gone.

Crit (4049) - Surrey, British Columbia, CANADA - JAN 8, 2003
Light carmel malt nose. flavor is light more "tan" then "black"

vector (163) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JAN 8, 2003
Decent, but nothing special here. Drinkable but uninteresting (besides the packaging). Mild flavor high carbo.

jazz88 (2683) - San Francisco, California, USA - DEC 30, 2002
Bottle. Brown color with a laced tan head. Malt aroma and flavor is about all I could get, and even at that it was not very impressive. A bit thin and watery. Not a bad beer, but just doesn't make a statement.

Sturgess (173) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 1, 2002
I liked this beer quite a bit...it's my favorite black and tan, and the bottle is very unique. I like the taste as it's chocalatey with some nuttiness as well as having a good pilsnerish aftertaste.

Cartoonkhaki (1301) - Brantford, Ontario, CANADA - NOV 30, 2002