RATINGS: 59   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.29/5   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Formerly known as Moat Mountain Bear Peak Brown.

An English-style brown ale. This beer has a biscuit-like smoothness with a rich, malt body and medium hop bitterness.

LiteWait (266) - New Hampshire, USA - FEB 21, 2011
UPDATED: JUN 7, 2011 Rich malt in the aroma. Taste is like a bread or biscuit. Warm toast, with a light non biter hop. If I make it back to Moat, I will order this again. A nice brown, nothing high end but drinkable.

AirForceHops (7820) - Epping, New Hampshire, USA - FEB 21, 2011
Rich malt in the aroma. Taste is like a bread or biscuit. Reminds me of a brown and serve dinner roll. Went down smooth with high drinkability. Would order more pints if I had the time.

BroSpud (2249) - , Massachusetts, USA - JAN 6, 2011
Included as part of a sampler. I find Moat offerings to be just average but I seem to keep coming back for more. Another visit, another sampler. Still so so but fresh beer is always good so I’m sure I’ll be back again.

Cletus (6368) - Connecticut, USA - NOV 14, 2009
Draught at the brewpub. Pours copper with a thin tan head. Smells and tastes earthy with a peppery bite. Hoppy as far as brown ales go.

mcox90 (2140) - Wilton, New Hampshire, USA - OCT 4, 2009
Sampled at NH Brewfest. Pours a nut brown color with an off white head. Aroma is nuts with a hint of caramel. Thin bodied with average carbonation. Flavors of various nuts and sweet malt. Standard brown ale.

BelgianBeerGal (4159) - Panama City, Florida, USA - SEP 24, 2008
Sampler in North Conway. Pretty average brown ale overall. Normal aroma and flavours expected from a brown. Nothing spectacular but did not miss either.

TaktikMTL (7975) - Montréal, Quebec, CANADA - JUL 10, 2007
En fût. Verre de dégustation à la brasserie. Arôme: Légère odeur de caramel et de noix. Apparence: La couleur est brune translucide. Saveur: Goût de caramel et de noix grillés. Durée moyenne de l’arrière goût. Palette: Le corps et la texture sont mince. Faible effervescence en bouche. Présence de caramel en arrière goût. (Rating #1127)

cfranz (261) - Acton, Massachusetts, USA - AUG 5, 2006
Overall a nice beer. Had a smoky undertone to it. My wife and I were in agreement that this was our favorite in the sampler. And the smokehouse food was good too!.

BennyTicklez (621) - USA - SEP 1, 2005
Pours average brown with almost no head. Sweet taste, thin body. Somewhat nutty, roasted malt. Watery.

beerbuzzmontreal (3486) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - AUG 4, 2005
Clear brown color with a ring of white lace. Aroma of nuts and brown sugar. Good flavor of nuts, brown sugar and smoked malt. Light body.