overall
Brewed by Grupo Modelo (Corona)
Style: Pale Lager
Mxico DF, Mexico

RATINGS: 1290   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.99/5   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Modelo Especial, a pilsener type beer, was introduced to the market in 1966. Today it is sold in glass bottles as well as cans, which are having an increasing demand due to consumer preferences, making Modelo Especial the leader in the can segment in Mexico.

intel99 (4) - the hidden chamber, Illinois, USA - SEP 25, 2001 does not count
its sweet singing to my tastees. the rounded lip make me feel like im making out with the virgin mary. lime works lovely in the mix. me and heron drink this s..t in twelves.---intel

HoodlumRM (2) - Los Angeles, California, USA - OCT 26, 2008 does not count
UPDATED: DEC 4, 2008 Love the taste and aroma. Best beer I have every tasted. VIVA MEXICO!!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
dasilentman314 (1) - Missouri, USA - MAY 14, 2011 does not count
Modelo is a good mexican beer that taste excellent with lime and salt, has to be from a good store and chilled at the right temp.-If not it can be skunked and not taste as good. My opinion is that a Modelo will always taste better in Mexico.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
NOSHOWJONES99 (22) - USA - FEB 2, 2002
good all around mexican beer and what

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
TBonePickens (1) - Amherst, Ohio, USA - JUN 2, 2012 does not count
I would never had had this beer, but I needed to grab something cold at the store to have one with a friend. Man. This beer was crisp, with no funny weird taste that others try to pass of as malty or hopsy . I was able to drink this beer with ease, so much so that I didnt realized I had downed 3 in an hour. Yet, like a great wine in Italy, I didnt feel drunk. What a beer. Try it!!!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
mikomojo (2) - Manchester, Bedfordshire, ENGLAND - MAR 15, 2017 does not count
Go to beer on a hot sunny day! A posh Corona for sure but very much a fantastic session beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
zygomatic99 (17) - Little Rock, Arkansas, USA - FEB 3, 2002
Very pleasant Mexican pilsner. A great hot weather beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
BluesStu (2) - Austin, Texas, USA - JAN 21, 2017 does not count
One of my faves. Great with Tex Mex. Good carbonation, nice head. My go-to.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
run20six2 (123) - USA - DEC 5, 2003
Good beer. Tastes like a darker corona. Nice appearence. PRobably be nice with a lime

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
ffbot (404) - Oakland, California, USA - APR 25, 2015
UPDATED: APR 27, 2015 Damn, I like this beer. I wanted to rate it higher, but its not like it blows my mind or anything. This is the ultimate in the Pale Lager type of beer. Its not my favorite type of beer, nor is it probably anyones favorite. Arguably the most soda-like flavor of beer, with the high carbonation, sweetness of flavor, and easy drink-ability akin to a refreshing lemonade.... Its just the easy beer, for when you just kinda wanna relax, have a brew, and not even think about it. And damn does Modelo Especial hit that refreshing feeling. Its smooth, its not too sweet, its likeable and soft in approach and feel. I may sounds like a freak about this....But its just simple, easy, smooth, and just the right bit of rough....like a kitten that youll play with and itll scratch you- you look at the little red claw marks and meet the kittens glance and you can see the childish joy it gets in causing you so slight a pain. Okay. Aroma: Bread, berries, hay, corn, a little bit alcohol...interesting. Appearance: the bottle is fucking awesome, the label pristine and sand colored. The beer is a orange-gold glow. Slight remaining sea-foam head. Taste: please refer to my previous explanation. Palate: lasting crisp taste that makes you dry of mouth and feel slightly buzzed....fizzy, sweet, cold, like a perfect summer days drink. overall: heaven