overall
Brewed by Grupo Modelo (Corona)
Style: Pale Lager
México DF, Mexico

RATINGS: 1312   WEIGHTED AVG: 2/5   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Modelo Especial, a pilsener type beer, was introduced to the market in 1966. Today it is sold in glass bottles as well as cans, which are having an increasing demand due to consumer preferences, making Modelo Especial the leader in the can segment in Mexico.

intel99 (4) - the hidden chamber, Illinois, USA - SEP 25, 2001 does not count
its sweet singing to my tastees. the rounded lip make me feel like im making out with the virgin mary. lime works lovely in the mix. me and heron drink this s..t in twelves.---intel

HoodlumRM (2) - Los Angeles, California, USA - OCT 26, 2008 does not count
UPDATED: DEC 4, 2008 Love the taste and aroma. Best beer I have every tasted. VIVA MEXICO!!

dasilentman314 (1) - Missouri, USA - MAY 14, 2011 does not count
Modelo is a good mexican beer that taste excellent with lime and salt, has to be from a good store and chilled at the right temp.-If not it can be skunked and not taste as good. My opinion is that a Modelo will always taste better in Mexico.

NOSHOWJONES99 (22) - USA - FEB 2, 2002
good all around mexican beer and what

TBonePickens (1) - Amherst, Ohio, USA - JUN 2, 2012 does not count
I would never had had this beer, but I needed to grab something cold at the store to have one with a friend. Man. This beer was crisp, with no funny weird taste that others try to pass of as ’malty’ or ’hopsy’ . I was able to drink this beer with ease, so much so that I didn’t realized I had downed 3 in an hour. Yet, like a great wine in Italy, I didn’t feel drunk. What a beer. Try it!!!

mikomojo (2) - Manchester, Bedfordshire, ENGLAND - MAR 15, 2017 does not count
Go to beer on a hot sunny day! A posh Corona for sure but very much a fantastic session beer.

zygomatic99 (17) - Little Rock, Arkansas, USA - FEB 3, 2002
Very pleasant Mexican pilsner. A great hot weather beer.

BluesStu (2) - Austin, Texas, USA - JAN 21, 2017 does not count
One of my faves. Great with Tex Mex. Good carbonation, nice head. My go-to.

AleDoctor84 (7) - - JUN 13, 2017 does not count
Una cervez muy completa de cuerpo robusto, color extraordinario muy adecuada para zonas de calor.