overall
Brewed by Grupo Modelo (Corona)
Style: Pale Lager
México DF, Mexico

RATINGS: 1296   WEIGHTED AVG: 2/5   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Modelo Especial, a pilsener type beer, was introduced to the market in 1966. Today it is sold in glass bottles as well as cans, which are having an increasing demand due to consumer preferences, making Modelo Especial the leader in the can segment in Mexico.

kingstoni (2148) - FINLAND - AUG 24, 2012
Bottle. Clear light copper color with a white head. Sugary aroma of hay. Skunky taste with corn although it’s not totally bad. Sugary finish.

bigbish (715) - California, USA - FEB 3, 2014
Are you looking for cheap beer that is yellow and fizzy? This is your beer. Of every can that I opened, 100% were yellow, and all of them were likewise fizzy.

melush (4414) - SPAIN - SEP 22, 2014
Botella de 33 cl, adquirida en Carrefour. Color dorado claro. Sabor a malta, aguado.

Holmen1 (6304) - Stavanger, NORWAY - FEB 16, 2015
0,355 flaske fra Føtex Nørrebro, etter dagens malerøkt: intens dypgylden farge. Kort bruseskum. Tynne saker med litt malt og antydning til humlesyrlighet. Funker sikkert ok i Mexicos klima.

Aggiebob (1252) - Huntsville, Alabama, USA - MAR 19, 2015
Clear yellow poured into a pint mug with a small white head. Very thin malt flavor that was minimized by the ice cold glass.

rdixon77 (2948) - Georgia, USA - MAY 9, 2015
Pretty standard fare. Golden pour. Grainy, sweet, cereal, corn. Watery mouthfeel. Just what you expect

rknight99 (7) - USA - APR 9, 2002 does not count
Better than corona and bud lite, I'll stick to the germans..................

Trappist (286) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - DEC 15, 2002
Much better than Corona! It was a very smooth beer, that tasted good but tasted even better with a wedge of lime in it.

uhorpheus (215) - houston, Texas, USA - MAR 23, 2003
Well, it has teat mexican taste to it. Very watery, not really better than any crappy US beer, just different. No aroma, watery, yellowish tint to it.

thehoff (598) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - OCT 16, 2003
Just opened it and the room already smells skunky. I am afraid to put my nose closer to the beer. Smells like a mexican beer and looks like one. Lord at least it tastes better than it smells and that isn't saying much at all. This beer shouldn't even be sold. It scares me actually. It has a tangy taste, probably from the ripe Mexican water used to make the stuff. This is probably on the bottom of my Mexican beer list but not the worst thing I have ever had. I would have to agree that a lime would really help, and I would rather not have fruit with my beer thank you. I have a feeling this is a drain pour and I will have to cleanse my palate with a High Life.