overall
Brewed by Grupo Modelo (Corona)
Style: Pale Lager
México DF, Mexico

RATINGS: 1288   WEIGHTED AVG: 2/5   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Modelo Especial, a pilsener type beer, was introduced to the market in 1966. Today it is sold in glass bottles as well as cans, which are having an increasing demand due to consumer preferences, making Modelo Especial the leader in the can segment in Mexico.

BluesStu (2) - Austin, Texas, USA - JAN 21, 2017 does not count
One of my faves. Great with Tex Mex. Good carbonation, nice head. My go-to.

AleDoctor84 (7) - - JUN 13, 2017 does not count
Una cervez muy completa de cuerpo robusto, color extraordinario muy adecuada para zonas de calor.

run20six2 (123) - USA - DEC 5, 2003
Good beer. Tastes like a darker corona. Nice appearence. PRobably be nice with a lime

ffbot (420) - Oakland, California, USA - APR 25, 2015
UPDATED: APR 27, 2015 Damn, I like this beer. I wanted to rate it higher, but it’s not like it blows my mind or anything. This is the ultimate in the Pale Lager type of beer. It’s not my favorite type of beer, nor is it probably anyone’s favorite. Arguably the most soda-like flavor of beer, with the high carbonation, sweetness of flavor, and easy drink-ability akin to a refreshing lemonade.... It’s just the easy beer, for when you just kinda wanna relax, have a brew, and not even think about it. And damn does Modelo Especial hit that refreshing feeling. It’s smooth, it’s not too sweet, it’s likeable and soft in approach and feel. I may sounds like a freak about this....But it’s just simple, easy, smooth, and just the right bit of rough....like a kitten that you’ll play with and it’ll scratch you- you look at the little red claw marks and meet the kittens glance and you can see the childish joy it gets in causing you so slight a pain. Okay. Aroma: Bread, berries, hay, corn, a little bit alcohol...interesting. Appearance: the bottle is fucking awesome, the label pristine and sand colored. The beer is a orange-gold glow. Slight remaining sea-foam head. Taste: please refer to my previous explanation. Palate: lasting crisp taste that makes you dry of mouth and feel slightly buzzed....fizzy, sweet, cold, like a perfect summer day’s drink. overall: heaven

GOBhorse (3) - - AUG 2, 2017 does not count
UPDATED: AUG 2, 2017 A very nice standard beer to drink. Best served amazingly iced cold; Stick it in the freezer for an hour before drinking, thank me later!

wildbillvms (45) - , Illinois, USA - DEC 22, 2009
Ok, this beer came up in a discussion with a co-worker who goes to Mexico YEARLY... He says Modelo is the best, Corona is the Busch of Mexican beers? So I decided to try it.... 1st was in a 24 oz. can, It was decent , but.... I had to try it in a Bottle to rate it ! My 1st bottle , had that " I’ve tasted this before" taste ? I think what is was is Pilsner Urquell watered down? Or if Urquell were to make a light pilsner? I thought it was very good tasting , little fizz , light aroma , hoppy but mellow ! Very little aftertaste ... 6% ABV this would replace my Hornsby’s but not my Steel Reserve ! I would buy this a lot more often , but the price is the Biggest turn - off for me , about this Cerveza !

HopTsing (575) - Sandston, Virginia, USA - MAR 25, 2012
From the can poured a golden brew with a white head. Well balanced aromas an flavors of malt and hop with a hint of honey.Medium bodied and good when very cold.

Fatehunter (2568) - Corbett, Oregon, USA - MAY 30, 2012
Poured into a pint glass. Light straw color with a half inch of head that quickly disappeared to just covering the surface. Fairly fragrant for its style. Lots of honeysuckle... actually only honeysuckle, but still nice. The taste is hard to pin down. Smooth with a slight honey flavor midway through. The taste is "refreshing" without any bite. Light towards medium body with moderate carbonation. Crisp and clean. One of the top beers for its style. Smooth and easy drinking, plus it smells good.